• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How long should I wait?"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    Senior guy at my first job after college would disappear to the toilet for 30 minutes every morning. He came up to me one day and said remember this "always poo when you are getting paid for it". Happy days.
    He's talking crap.

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Chap I worked with nearly 40 years ago started on the Monday then had a spell in hospital having his ingrowing toenail done on the following Monday.

He was off for 3 weeks.

And was forever after known as "Toe" Davies.
    Senior guy at my first job after college would disappear to the toilet for 30 minutes every morning. He came up to me one day and said remember this "always poo when you are getting paid for it". Happy days.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Chap I worked with nearly 40 years ago started on the Monday then had a spell in hospital having his ingrowing toenail done on the following Monday.

He was off for 3 weeks.

And was forever after known as "Toe" Davies.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Find an airline that may have issues with staff and strikes (e.g. Ryanair) book flights with them for a weekend break, let everyone know you've booked with them. When you get stranded because of no flight home, hey presto extra days off.
    Just make sure that any compensation cheques are signed, and use regulation EU261.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Not this long weekend - you get paid for Monday off now !!!
    Unfortunately not. Next week is my last(short) week of invoicing.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Not this long weekend - you get paid for Monday off now !!!

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Don't jest, you'll soon be off with stress for real when HMRC catch up with you with their Monday to Friday permie to contractor IR35 retrospective taxation, that also applies in reverse.
    Well, if they can't get you one way then they'll try all the others.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Don't jest, you'll soon be off with stress for real when HMRC catch up with you with their Monday to Friday permie to contractor IR35 retrospective taxation, that also applies in reverse.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I'm guessing you don't like London much then?
    Of course I do mate! Home of the Queen, init! Lovely woman! Capital of this bleedin' country and don't you forget it!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    I'm not a fan of "Europe" - Too many Germans/French/Italians/Romanians/Bulgarians/Spaniards/Austrians/Belgians/Croatians/Cypriots/Czechs/Danes/Greeks/Irish/Latvians/Dutch/Swedes/Estonians/Slovaks/Portuguese/Maltese/Fins/Hungarians/Slovenians/Lithuanians/Poles/Luxembourgers.

And don't get me started on the Scots!
    I'm guessing you don't like London much then?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    A real (ex)contractor would send in his sick note for 6 months off with stress they day before official start date.
    And in your case, the Doctor would sign it. The rest of us might struggle though...

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    A real (ex)contractor would send in his sick note for 6 months off with stress they day before official start date.
    I'm liking the cut of your jib, Sir!

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Maybe fly to Europe on 25th March next year for a week's holiday.
    I'm not a fan of "Europe" - Too many Germans/French/Italians/Romanians/Bulgarians/Spaniards/Austrians/Belgians/Croatians/Cypriots/Czechs/Danes/Greeks/Irish/Latvians/Dutch/Swedes/Estonians/Slovaks/Portuguese/Maltese/Fins/Hungarians/Slovenians/Lithuanians/Poles/Luxembourgers.

And don't get me started on the Scots!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    First question should be "Who do I call when i'm phoning in sick".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X