• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Burn burn...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Burn burn..."

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    It won't get past his sweaty moobs
    That much body fat and full of tulip are a powerful combination in these conditions.
    Last edited by Old Greg; 2 July 2018, 10:58.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    If a spark catches MF in this dry weather, it could burn for weeks.
    It won't get past his sweaty moobs

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    If a spark catches MF in this dry weather, it could burn for weeks.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    In the 70s almost everyone was on strike, iirc...
    oooh Jeremy Corbyn!

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    It still smells of smoke round here and has done for several days. I'm about 4 miles from the city centre and from my office on the 20th floor you can see the smoke on the hills.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    There are fires up on Saddleworth every couple of years to be fair. This one is obviously a major fire but there aren't too many summers go by without something setting light up there.

Manchester centre was just a haze of smoke on Wednesday. Could smell the burn in the air.
    Tuesday was worse I thought; a vary eerie drive home.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    There are fires up on Saddleworth every couple of years to be fair. This one is obviously a major fire but there aren't too many summers go by without something setting light up there.

Manchester centre was just a haze of smoke on Wednesday. Could smell the burn in the air.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    1976 and 1977 were great years for fires as well. Not helped by the fire brigade going on strike, IIRC.
    In the 70s almost everyone was on strike, iirc...

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    1976 and 1977 were great years for fires as well. Not helped by the fire brigade going on strike, IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    I can't see this any more, as it's moved down the western side of the pennines but on Monday it was on the top above Marsden and you could see the plume of smoke from 20 miles away. As it's made of X billion tons of peat, it may well burn for some time.

Looking over the countryside, there's barely a green field left. I don't have to cut the grass at least

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    The one on Winter Hill is pretty much out, based on the view from our office, compared to yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• PhiltheGreek
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I didn't realise we could have bush fires in the UK

Saddleworth moor: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-en...ester-44647999

Winter Hill:
    https://news.sky.com/story/another-f...worth-11419895
    That's how they burn down the heather on the grouse moors - promotes new growth for the tasty little blighters

This is something different though.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    started a topic Burn burn...

Burn burn...

I didn't realise we could have bush fires in the UK

Saddleworth moor: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-en...ester-44647999

Winter Hill:
    https://news.sky.com/story/another-f...worth-11419895

Working...
X