• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Upskirting to be outlawed"

Collapse

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Hmmm. Maybe sell knickers with miniature CCTVs to detect such actions. Or knickers with "No filming here" on them. Or knickers that open when an online purchase is made.
    I blame all that skimpy underwear....

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Hmmm. Maybe sell knickers with miniature CCTVs to detect such actions. Or knickers with "No filming here" on them. Or knickers that open when an online purchase is made.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by jds 1981 View Post
    I'm not a lawyer but the wording seems fairly reasonable apart from the word 'beneath'.
    Why? What's unreasonable about that? How else would you take a view up someone's skirt if not from some optical device beneath it?

Leave a comment:

• jds 1981
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    There are already a number of laws regarding that which have caused numerous problems in the past but this is different and a little bit of research:

https://publications.parliament.uk/p...0174/18174.pdf

Scotland already has such a law in place.
    I'm not a lawyer but the wording seems fairly reasonable apart from the word 'beneath'.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Scotland passed a law banning upskirting 9 years ago, no fuss, no objections.

I wonder if that is because men wear skirts in Scotland?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    The bloke seems to be a total ******:

MP Chris Chope accused of "abusing the system" after he joins with fellow Tory to put 73 bills before parliament | Bournemouth Echo

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by jds 1981 View Post
    Not having seen the specifics of the bill I'm a little uneasy about this as it is presumably outlawing the taking of photographs in a public place.
    There are already a number of laws regarding that which have caused numerous problems in the past but this is different and a little bit of research:

https://publications.parliament.uk/p...0174/18174.pdf

Scotland already has such a law in place.

Leave a comment:

• jds 1981
    replied
    Not having seen the specifics of the bill I'm a little uneasy about this as it is presumably outlawing the taking of photographs in a public place.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    Up-skirting does have its uses though. Every time I go to Thailand and am considering a "lady" for the night, a quick up-skirt photo taken allows me to establish whether I'll be receiving a bit extra that I don't really want to be given.

What about post op?

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Up-skirting does have its uses though. Every time I go to Thailand and am considering a "lady" for the night, a quick up-skirt photo taken allows me to establish whether I'll be receiving a bit extra that I don't really want to be given.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Seems summit that should be illegal but not so sure about the blocking after reading that DT article. He rightly says that bills should be subject to proper scrutiny. The principle of the new law may be ok but are the details?

PS Can't see why anyone would get turned on by the poor sort of picture you are likely to get from doing it anyway.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Sir Christopher Chope, whose last name sounds like some sort of dubious penile polyp, has been thrust before my eyes against my will, like cellulite on a beach.
    https://tuckered.co.uk/2018/06/15/im...womens-rights/

Leave a comment:

• SunnyInHades
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    and in a great victory for the freedom of perves in the UK, brave Sir Christopher Chope MP has blocked the bill.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44496427
    Plenty of photo ops on the benches for Chris...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Someone needs to slip a camera under the door while he's taking a crap and plaster it all the place, see how he likes it. Sexist Tory tulip...
    He likes that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X