• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Visa card failure

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Visa card failure"

Collapse

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    There should be a list somewhere about which company is outsourcing to which company
    just to be on the safe side.

Can't compile such a list due to circular references.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Anyone who uses a 'credit card' may be considered poor then if they're having to borrow money.
    Your historical knowledge is poor. Traditionally the rich have lived on credit, paying the tradesmen and suppliers long after goods and services have been received, if ever. Suggested reading "Vanity Fair" by William Makepeace.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Anyone who uses a 'credit card' may be considered poor then if they're having to borrow money.
    What about those of us who are simply collecting airmiles, or using credit cards for the consumer protection? Or are we to assume the Thistle Hotel Heathrow only takes cash, and charges by the hour?

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    I had a Visa card failure last weekend.

I couldn't remember the PIN

For some odd reason Barclays stopped issuing Mastercards so now I've got two Visa cards instead.

Both of which would have been useless.

Just as well I pay cash for most things.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    If its on 0% I can save my money for buying bitcoin

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
    My visa card works fine. However it is a platinum card.

Maybe you are too poor?

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    There should be a list somewhere about which company is outsourcing to which company
    just to be on the safe side.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Stand down. They outsourced to Capita.
    Oh No further explanation necessary...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I suspect IBM
    Stand down. They outsourced to Capita.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Banking analysts are saying it maybe a cyber attack.
    I suspect IBM

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    It’s a means of entry into places. The card is particularly useful with old Yale locks.
    Isn't it about time Uncle Fagin Admin gave you a pay rise to save you having to develop such skills?

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    It’s a means of entry into places. The card is particularly useful with old Yale locks.
    Much obliged.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    My Visa Debit worked at 17:00, and then not at 17:10. Mastercared worked. That explains it. Thanks.
    you had to tip NLyUK with the Mastercard?

what happened to your Amex Platinum?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Visa problems in Europe?

Do I need to move this thread???
    Only if you are a Russian Oligarch

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Banking analysts are saying it maybe a cyber attack.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X