• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Auto enrolled in pension"

Collapse

• chicane
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    My response was more about the fact he doesn't like Gladiators. Not gonna cut it as a contractor unless he address's that situation.
    addresses

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It's sad how poor reading comprehension is in this country.

Clearly some people have difficulty understanding "All hope abandon ye who enter here. Seriously."

To be fair if this query was on a serious personal issue I wouldn't have asked the question, but as there is a section for this on contractoruk which is well used by others asking pension questions I thought I may as well.
    My response was more about the fact he doesn't like Gladiators. Not gonna cut it as a contractor unless he address's that situation.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear....

It's sad how poor reading comprehension is in this country.

Clearly some people have difficulty understanding "All hope abandon ye who enter here. Seriously."

To be fair if this query was on a serious personal issue I wouldn't have asked the question, but as there is a section for this on contractoruk which is well used by others asking pension questions I thought I may as well.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Age quod agis View Post
    Not much.

Why?
    Ahh you prefer bleeding radiators -

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    I advise you to post in the accounting/legal section where you will get more sensible answers. However, the short answer is "yes you can".
    You mean the poster may get answers like this?

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Having a number of very small pension plans doesn't seem worth the diversifying of risk.
    I advise you to post in the accounting/legal section where you will get more sensible answers. However, the short answer is "yes you can".

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Not much.
    Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear....

Leave a comment:

• Age quod agis
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Do you like Gladiators?
    Not much.

Why?

Leave a comment:

• Age quod agis
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    If the fees are similar (I think I read somewhere recently that the government are trying to cap fees for auto enrol schemes to 0.75%) then see it as diversifying risk across pension providers.

Transfer out fees may make it uneconomical to move to one provider.

Hopefully the government will be making it as easy and cheap as possible to manage/re-arrange them in future, as the target audience of low paid workers who don't usually put much away for a pension need to ensure they're not being ripped off more than usual in fees within the pension industry. Otherwise they'll still have a pittance while the pension providers get rich.
    Having a number of very small pension plans doesn't seem worth the diversifying of risk.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    If the fees are similar (I think I read somewhere recently that the government are trying to cap fees for auto enrol schemes to 0.75%) then see it as diversifying risk across pension providers.

Transfer out fees may make it uneconomical to move to one provider.

Hopefully the government will be making it as easy and cheap as possible to manage/re-arrange them in future, as the target audience of low paid workers who don't usually put much away for a pension need to ensure they're not being ripped off more than usual in fees within the pension industry. Otherwise they'll still have a pittance while the pension providers get rich.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Ask your employers, i.e. the umbrella. Since pensions are pretty much deregulated, there should be no problem transferring one closed fund into another scheme, or even a separate SIPP.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Do you like Gladiators?

Leave a comment:

• Age quod agis
    started a topic Auto enrolled in pension

Auto enrolled in pension

In IR35 and the umbrella has just auto-enrolled me onto the pension scheme with 1%.
    The last job also got me in their pension scheme and I probably have a few hundred quid in that also.

I'm going to be here for a few months probably, maybe a year. Who knows?

Is it possible to consolidate these pension contributions into one? If I am going to be contracting but through umbrella schemes it doesn't make much sense to have many of these pensions around.

What's the collective wisdom?

Working...
X