• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Is this legal

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is this legal"

Collapse

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Sadly I have met plenty of Indian imports who do feel that they are better than the 'program' director and that they should be in that chair. The attitude fay to day is never to deliver the task for that day but to engage in petty politics and back biting.
    French civil servants have that modus operandi too

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
    Pictures, or it didn't happen.....
    I'm sorry, but we can't have this kind of thing in the professional forums. Moved...

Leave a comment:

• kevpuk
    replied
    Originally posted by saurabh1 View Post
    Update

We have had meeting and I have agreed that I will waive day rate for yesterday.

To all the haters, I am new to contract market and I guess I just had higher hopes of people's humanity but hey ho. In couple of years I will return to permanent world and probably be program director telling them what to do in 2-3 years
    Pictures, or it didn't happen.....

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    We don't hate you sweetheart - we're laughing at you.

Since you can't even use google to figure out how to validate an email address in Javascript, I frankly doubt it.
    Sadly I have met plenty of Indian imports who do feel that they are better than the 'program' director and that they should be in that chair. The attitude fay to day is never to deliver the task for that day but to engage in petty politics and back biting.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I think the PC rule applies here so you're OK.
    On reflection, the OP could aim for Contractor Parking Arrangements Program [sic] Director to get a real handle on engaging idiot contractors.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    I'd like to proffer some suggestions from among the collective, but this is nominally a professional subforum.
    I think the PC rule applies here so you're OK.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Make sure you recruit low calibre idiots, so you can spend your time bollocking them for trying to bill for days absent. They might be able to train you up to reach that skill level as a stretch goal.
    I'd like to proffer some suggestions from among the collective, but this is nominally a professional subforum.

Leave a comment:

• perplexed
    replied
    Update

To all the haters, I am new to contract market and I guess I just had higher hopes of people's humanity but hey ho. In couple of years I will return to permanent world and probably be program director telling them what to do in 2-3 years
    Program director?

Is that a fancy synpnym for flipping burgers in McDonalds?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Update

Make sure you recruit low calibre idiots, so you can spend your time bollocking them for trying to bill for days absent. They might be able to train you up to reach that skill level as a stretch goal.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Update

Programme Director

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    To all the haters,
    We don't hate you sweetheart - we're laughing at you.

In couple of years I will return to permanent world and probably be program director telling them what to do in 2-3 years
    Since you can't even use google to figure out how to validate an email address in Javascript, I frankly doubt it.

Leave a comment:

• MrButton
    replied
    In couple of years I will return to permanent world
    I don’t think it will be that far in the future.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Update

But client manager is saying he will not pay for today even though I have been working all morning as best I can without VPN.
    I don't think you really had the option to agree to waive the daily rate TBH but dress it up as you will.

Next time call them first thing to advise you won't be in and get it sorted before you start working.
    Cool story bro.

Leave a comment:

• saurabh1
    replied
    Update

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    With some gigs there is a level of documentation that needs to be read. You're not going to land in a new client and immediately understand all the processes that they follow, that you need to understand to get the job done.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X