• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "stopping contracting"

Collapse

• PhiltheGreek
    replied
    Originally posted by tiggat View Post
    [blog]After contracting for 1 year I'm stopping and taking a perm job in Tokyo for a year or 2 before I become too aged to work abroad easily.[/blog]
    Don't give up so easily. One might be surprised at the age one can work a broad.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    [blog]After contracting for 1 year I'm stopping and taking a perm job in Tokyo for a year or 2 before I become too aged to work abroad easily.[/blog]
    Good post. Would read again.

Leave a comment:

• tiggat
    replied
    Originally posted by zukias View Post
    Are you using one of those working holiday visa's?
    Don't think it's a holiday visa given its a permanent position.

Leave a comment:

• zukias
    replied
    Are you using one of those working holiday visa's?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I've spent a bit of time in Shinagawa, don't really know the other areas of the city that well.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    that's 8 districts. Which was my point.

Shinjuku's red light district was the inspiration for the setting of the original Blade Runner movie. That's why I went looking for it (and I'm sticking with that excuse). I got very drunk, very lost, walked about 5 miles and never found it.

Leave a comment:

• tiggat
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    what centre?
    There isn't one.
    https://wikitravel.org/en/Tokyo#Central_Tokyo

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    Of course there is....

Needs Goatseing.....

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    I think I'll live in the centre, yes I went last year to visit a friend which inspired me to look into it.
    what centre?
    There isn't one.
    Of course there is....

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    I think I'll live in the centre, yes I went last year to visit a friend which inspired me to look into it.
    what centre?
    There isn't one.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I've spent 1/3rd of my time working as a contractor!
    I've spent very little of my time working. But that's not what my timesheets say.

Leave a comment:

• tiggat
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Where in Tokyo?
    Have you been before?

Leave a comment:

• tiggat
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Less than 500 posts on here, YANCOTBAC.

Get back to permieland.

However I found Osaka a nicer place than Tokyo.

qh
    I've spent 1/3rd of my time working as a contractor!

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    hoping he gets confused?

Being an expat seems a good basis for a ban

Wishful thinking

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Loved Osaka, far nicer than Tokyo, great food, great people, easy to get to Nara, Kyoto, etc
    I only got the Kyoto station as some moody Italians nicked my camera, so I went back to Osaka to sulk. And get pi$$ed.

qh

Leave a comment:

Working...
X