• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Watching rugby in Edinburgh - recommendations?"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    It generally thought of as the rougher part of central Edinburgh, but really it's not that rough. There are a few strip places and some slightly iffy nightclubs.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Grassmarket is generally a safe bet for this kind of stuff as there are many bars.

Although Brewhemia...

https://brewhemia.co.uk/six-nations/

..used to be a crap sportbar but seems to have been cleaned up and is advertising the match

Avoid the new town and Lothian Road.
    Aye their doing a package for £30 each. Two pints and a platter.

£5+ a pint in there mind.... feck me.

Lothian rd is where we're staying. whats wrong with that?

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    the Cask and Barrel at the bottom of broughton st is good for sport, beer, service, and atmosphere
    IMMHO
    and it's mostly local trade, so far from the madding crowd of english/yankee/stag party/tec tourists

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Grassmarket is generally a safe bet for this kind of stuff as there are many bars.

Although Brewhemia...

https://brewhemia.co.uk/six-nations/

..used to be a crap sportbar but seems to have been cleaned up and is advertising the match

Avoid the new town and Lothian Road.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    I suggest you break it to her gently, especially as she'll be watching England win the Grand Slam against Ireland...
    Not even going to watch that game - just in case England do win.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    I took my Mrs to Edinburgh for her 50th as well, I even booked a table. She was raging. She hates playing snooker.
    Did you not show her the easy pink then take on a tricky, tight brown?

Oh matron!

qh

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I took Frau D. to Edinburgh once. Parked the car, opened the door and there was a huge turd on the pavement. Shut the door and decided to go to Glasgow instead.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    I took my Mrs to Edinburgh for her 50th as well, I even booked a table. She was raging. She hates playing snooker.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    50th birthday weekend away with the dear wife! She doesnt know we're watching the game yet!
    I suggest you break it to her gently, especially as she'll be watching England win the Grand Slam against Ireland...

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Placeholder.

PC ends up in Italy after getting confused about what he's supposed to be watching and where.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    I hope you're not up there for work? I had to a stint up there a while back when they implemented CHIPS parallel running.
    50th birthday weekend away with the dear wife! She doesnt know we're watching the game yet!

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Gomez View Post
    I think you mean Wales v France. Wales Ireland this weekend.
    tulipe yes its france.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Best place to watch? Gonna be there March 17th. Not to watch scotland but wales v ireland.

Anywhere you can book a table/booth with food etc. with view of TV or separate TV?
    I hope you're not up there for work? I had to a stint up there a while back when they implemented CHIPS parallel running.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I'd suggest Malones, but maybe take your pick from these:

https://foodanddrink.scotsman.com/dr...gby-bars-pubs/

Leave a comment:

• Gomez
    replied
    I think you mean Wales v France. Wales Ireland this weekend.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X