• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Feminist wave of hysteria building up"

Collapse

• CoolCat
    replied
    https://harpers.org/archive/2018/02/...isper-network/

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    So, they could just as easily have called you "Caeser" then?
    Possible but probably not.

You see they did not liken me to Hitler because of my desire to unite Europe (or not) they did it because they see Hitler as someone it is okay to hate because he has a point of view which many people disagree with (many others agreed with hitler but....)

Therefore anyone who disagrees with the snowflakes is 'like hitler' in that they simply hold a different and therefore wrong and ultimately bigoted point of view.

Which is if you look at it the main problem with a lot of this stuff - the inability to be able to discuss it from an objective point of view.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    They did not seem to get the irony of calling the guy who did not want a united states of European run from a central European country after a guy whose goal was exactly that.
    So, they could just as easily have called you "Caeser" then?

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    I won't dwell on this but one of their reasons was - uk politicians are old tory geezers that do not understand the youth - where as European politicians are younger, trendier and have their finger on the pulse and understand the youth.

Un be fookin lievable.
    But will still bend over for US multinationals and the military industrial complex - how's that TTIP coming along? Oh it's dead? You're welcome snowflakes...

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Maybe they were talking about the guy who hated foreigners and wanted a Europe that was for a specific group of people.
    I won't dwell on this but one of their reasons was - uk politicians are old tory geezers that do not understand the youth - where as European politicians are younger, trendier and have their finger on the pulse and understand the youth.

Un be fookin lievable.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Maybe they were talking about the guy who hated foreigners and wanted a Europe that was for a specific group of people.
    Don't think wanting to leave the EU means you hate foreigners. Invading a load of countries and mass killing is a good indication you have hatred issues though. So probably two different things.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    The context of not agreeing with the millennials.

They did not seem to get the irony of calling the guy who did not want a united states of European run from a central European country after a guy whose goal was exactly that.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    In what context were you called hitler?
    The context of not agreeing with the millennials.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Well at times there has been (dare i say it) rationale well thought out discussions about the B world on this forum.

But yes irl some of these people really do not allow discussion of view points other than their own.

I think I was called Hitler once - which is pretty ripe when you consider..
    In what context were you called hitler?

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    Interesting indeed - not sure whether all the facts are there but it does seem rather damming when put like that.

Although have to say - I have been working with a bunch of hipsters/millenials for the past 2 years - and I was definitely ostracised and treated 'badly' because I voted to Leave.

Like a didn't give a fook but.....
    some of the big IT companies, the particular one I have in mind sent all its UK staff an email telling them how to vote in the referendum, definitely did and do discriminate against those who openly admit voting leave, outrageous in its own way, happily that company is in serious trouble but the idiots creating this culture are still getting paid handsomly

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    To be fair, plenty of us Generation Y and Baby Boomers have given you a hard time here for voting to Leave. But we'd never ostracise you.

Perhaps that's the difference between us and millenials. We're not so convinced of our own rightness that simply disagreeing with us is grounds for you being a bad person, beyond the pale, and having nothing to say.
    Well at times there has been (dare i say it) rationale well thought out discussions about the B world on this forum.

But yes irl some of these people really do not allow discussion of view points other than their own.

I think I was called Hitler once - which is pretty ripe when you consider..

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Although have to say - I have been working with a bunch of hipsters/millenials for the past 2 years - and I was definitely ostracised and treated 'badly' because I voted to Leave......
    To be fair, plenty of us Generation Y and Baby Boomers have given you a hard time here for voting to Leave. But we'd never ostracise you.

Perhaps that's the difference between us and millenials. We're not so convinced of our own rightness that simply disagreeing with us is grounds for you being a bad person, beyond the pale, and having nothing to say.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    They must have needed a safe space creating right next to their Latte machine!!

They grind their own beans with hand grinders - after stand up all you can here is whirr whirr grind grind as they hand crank the latest beans into powder.

But seriously there was a point when a few of the feminists/meninist/ugly people who cannot accept what they are refused to sit on the same table as me and any 'discussion or debate' about the B word was very much frowned upon because it offended people.

Obviously it was perfectly acceptable to paint yourself blue with gold stars and go dancing naked down the middle of the corridor because that was not offensive it was 'the right thing to do'

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I have been working with a bunch of hipsters/millenials for the past 2 years - and I was definitely ostracised and treated 'badly' because I voted to Leave.
    They must have needed a safe space creating right next to their Latte machine!!

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Is this a wave of anti-feminist hysteria building up?
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Interesting
    Interesting indeed - not sure whether all the facts are there but it does seem rather damming when put like that.

Although have to say - I have been working with a bunch of hipsters/millenials for the past 2 years - and I was definitely ostracised and treated 'badly' because I voted to Leave.

Like a didn't give a fook but.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X