• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feminist wave of hysteria building up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Is this a wave of anti-feminist hysteria building up?
    Could be a start of a backlash.

Comment

Interesting

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Could be a start of a backlash.
        NLyUK charges for that.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Is this a wave of anti-feminist hysteria building up?
          Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          Interesting
          Interesting indeed - not sure whether all the facts are there but it does seem rather damming when put like that.

Although have to say - I have been working with a bunch of hipsters/millenials for the past 2 years - and I was definitely ostracised and treated 'badly' because I voted to Leave.

Like a didn't give a fook but.....

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            I have been working with a bunch of hipsters/millenials for the past 2 years - and I was definitely ostracised and treated 'badly' because I voted to Leave.
            They must have needed a safe space creating right next to their Latte machine!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              They must have needed a safe space creating right next to their Latte machine!!

They grind their own beans with hand grinders - after stand up all you can here is whirr whirr grind grind as they hand crank the latest beans into powder.

But seriously there was a point when a few of the feminists/meninist/ugly people who cannot accept what they are refused to sit on the same table as me and any 'discussion or debate' about the B word was very much frowned upon because it offended people.

Obviously it was perfectly acceptable to paint yourself blue with gold stars and go dancing naked down the middle of the corridor because that was not offensive it was 'the right thing to do'

Comment

Although have to say - I have been working with a bunch of hipsters/millenials for the past 2 years - and I was definitely ostracised and treated 'badly' because I voted to Leave......
                To be fair, plenty of us Generation Y and Baby Boomers have given you a hard time here for voting to Leave. But we'd never ostracise you.

Perhaps that's the difference between us and millenials. We're not so convinced of our own rightness that simply disagreeing with us is grounds for you being a bad person, beyond the pale, and having nothing to say.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

To be fair, plenty of us Generation Y and Baby Boomers have given you a hard time here for voting to Leave. But we'd never ostracise you.

Perhaps that's the difference between us and millenials. We're not so convinced of our own rightness that simply disagreeing with us is grounds for you being a bad person, beyond the pale, and having nothing to say.
                  Well at times there has been (dare i say it) rationale well thought out discussions about the B world on this forum.

But yes irl some of these people really do not allow discussion of view points other than their own.

I think I was called Hitler once - which is pretty ripe when you consider..

Comment

Interesting indeed - not sure whether all the facts are there but it does seem rather damming when put like that.

Although have to say - I have been working with a bunch of hipsters/millenials for the past 2 years - and I was definitely ostracised and treated 'badly' because I voted to Leave.

Like a didn't give a fook but.....
                    some of the big IT companies, the particular one I have in mind sent all its UK staff an email telling them how to vote in the referendum, definitely did and do discriminate against those who openly admit voting leave, outrageous in its own way, happily that company is in serious trouble but the idiots creating this culture are still getting paid handsomly

Comment

Well at times there has been (dare i say it) rationale well thought out discussions about the B world on this forum.

But yes irl some of these people really do not allow discussion of view points other than their own.

I think I was called Hitler once - which is pretty ripe when you consider..
                      In what context were you called hitler?

Comment

Working...
                      X