• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Crapita

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Crapita"

Collapse

• Janet George
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    The main thing with any third party like Capita is that their sole interest in your company is making as much money from you as possible.

Which is probably completely at odds with the goals your company will have.
    Just a bit surprising that this subject seems to have 'died' - when Crap-ita is still causing trouble for everyone who comes into contact with it - usually through the voice recognition software - used by HMRC, TV Licensing, Immigration, Army recruitment etc etc etc. Iam almost embarrassed to be a small shareholder, given what th VRS has done to my blood pressure, until I dound the answer to getting past it. At least dividends are down this year - although that will just mean more arbitrary sacking of their higher paid employees!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    I saw this about a year ago, but it's still as true, and always will be.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Which is probably why they are so keen on milking the Public Sector, the useless s
    https://medium.com/@sheldonline/the-...k-6537d3920f65

Interesting read...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    The main thing with any third party like Capita is that their sole interest in your company is making as much money from you as possible.

Which is probably why they are so keen on milking the Public Sector, the useless s

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    I think they're pretty well fooked as it is...
    Exactly my point.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    I was relying on them for a senior management permie job in my late fifties.
    I think they're pretty well fooked as it is...

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Do they always do a bad job?
    They are really good at protecting their margin (or was based on this announcement) which does not always align with the best interests of the client

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
    Crapita dont give a **** about the people they employ never mind the contractors. When I was contracting I only ever once allowed myself to apply for a role with them. They were a real abortion of a recruiter. Half the stuff they used to ask for was just a tick box exercise because 'it is the way we do it'!

Any contractor working for them right now needs to get onto weekly invoicing and payment terms. if Carillion has not taught people to recognise the danger signs they could be in for a rude awakening. Lessen your exposure to this lot of possibly suffer the consequences.
    If you knew anything about them you’d know they do weekly payments, and most contractors are direct with no agencies involved. They also allow 100% home working and pay all expenses.

They’re like any large outsourcer. He biggest problem they have is it’s only the contractors who do any bloody work and they’ll be the first lot to go after this profit warning. So I’m glad they’re not my current client.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    nah you are better than that. You just screw your clients not take them up the ARS.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    I've worked with Capita quite a bit in various divisions and guises. As is often the case, the people are mostly good people completely hampered by an awful management structure and company culture. In my experience, the answer to your question is yes - or, at the very least, a very expensive job.

It's not a company I'd even give a moments consideration to going permie for.

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    The bad job they did for a previous client was worthy of a mention in both Capita's and my previous client's 2016 annual report.

Leave a comment:

• washed up contractor
    replied
    Crapita dont give a **** about the people they employ never mind the contractors. When I was contracting I only ever once allowed myself to apply for a role with them. They were a real abortion of a recruiter. Half the stuff they used to ask for was just a tick box exercise because 'it is the way we do it'!

Any contractor working for them right now needs to get onto weekly invoicing and payment terms. if Carillion has not taught people to recognise the danger signs they could be in for a rude awakening. Lessen your exposure to this lot of possibly suffer the consequences.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    only a matter of days before they release the news their pension pot has been raided - tax payer bail out

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    I've worked with Capita quite a bit in various divisions and guises. As is often the case, the people are mostly good people completely hampered by an awful management structure and company culture. In my experience, the answer to your question is yes - or, at the very least, a very expensive job.

It's not a company I'd even give a moments consideration to going permie for.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X