• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contracting In 2017 A Total Losers Game?"

Collapse

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    "Contracting In 2017 A Total Losers Game?"

Yes. Stop wasting your life and buy bitcoin. Then semi retire at the end of 2018.
    YES! - BUY BITCOIN! - scoots needs mugs to sell to, so he can get out.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    The poverty trap being sold on the pretence of saving the world when all it's doing is saving the 1%.

No escape velocity from the 5% to the 1% when they're targeting off-payrollers.

Our government is doing a lovely job at protecting the people.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    The diesel emissions scandal has left us reeling. We've had to think about being kind to the planet and it's thrown scumbag contractors completely. Then Porsche drop its straight 6, 3.4L engine in the Cayman S in favour of a a 2.5L 4-cylinder turbo model. While quicker, it's whinier and far better for the environment. It's like driving a vegan ffs.
    Last edited by LondonManc; 13 December 2017, 12:59.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    "Contracting In 2017 A Total Losers Game?"

Yes. Stop wasting your life and buy bitcoin. Then semi retire at the end of 2018.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Bagpuss?
    Bingo

Leave a comment:

• PhiltheGreek
    replied
    Bagpuss
    Occupational hazard I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    The B word?

Bitcoin
    Bagpuss?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    I blame you know what.
    The B word?

Bitcoin

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    I blame you know what.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    I travelled in first class on the train from Edinburgh Haymarket to Edinburgh Waverley a few weeks ago. Does that count?

Edit: And I sat in business class on a flight from Hong Kong. For 30 seconds while waiting in the queue to get off the plane at Heathrow on an economy ticket.
    FFS.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Question -
    Contracting In 2017 A Total Losers Game?
    Answer -
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    After I cash in my bitcoins I'll get private jet.

Yes another one, but this one is for personal use.

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    1st class air travel
    I travelled in first class on the train from Edinburgh Haymarket to Edinburgh Waverley a few weeks ago. Does that count?

Edit: And I sat in business class on a flight from Hong Kong. For 30 seconds while waiting in the queue to get off the plane at Heathrow on an economy ticket.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    2017 CUK, what's happened people?

To summarise, lots of talk about economy cars, low rates, cheap accountants, cheap property, camper vans and camp sites, in fact cheap everything whilst contracting.
    Probably if you delved deeper advice where you could score a cheap lay, with possible "consequences", in Leeds.

woohoo going for Forum Poster of the Year (I mean how much lower can we go).

Everything seems to be about the Cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap.

I remember when this site was primarily about exotic foreign climes, tax wheezes, stupidly high rates, private jets, hiring a chopper to take you to the slopes when needed, 1st class air travel at worst, houses in the country with resident hookers, powerful sports cars, drugs and a nanny that was paid enough not to do a "Weinstein".

The only thing I have to remind me of CUK's old days is the Bitcoin threads and MF's creative, although totally made up, Walter Mitty type tales of well moneyed luxury.

Are you really all out there doing it for feck all?

Please tell some tales of luxury you have enjoyed in the past year and prove me wrong
    Do you need a couple of quid for a hostel for the night?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    It may seem that way.
    It may be I'm worried about you.

Anyway, remember the award comes with a known hex.

I mean, have you heard of last years winner, DodgyAgent since?
    vote AssGuru!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X