• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Women Who Deserve to Go to Hell"

Collapse

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Library books which urge women to be submissive to their husbands and never refuse sex are among a dossier of misogynistic material inspectors have found in Islamic schools.

Ofsted has compiled a file of the worst examples of discrimination and sexism its inspectors encountered. The material includes excerpts from library books and children’s marked work which sanction domestic violence.

Among the worst examples was a book discovered in a school library entitled, “Women who deserve to go to hell” which said that it was wrong for wives to show “ingratitude to their husband” or “have tall ambitions”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/i...book-vll3jdjw7
    Are you hoping to cop off with some feminists?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Library books which urge women to be submissive to their husbands and never refuse sex are among a dossier of misogynistic material inspectors have found in Islamic schools.

Ofsted has compiled a file of the worst examples of discrimination and sexism its inspectors encountered. The material includes excerpts from library books and children’s marked work which sanction domestic violence.

Among the worst examples was a book discovered in a school library entitled, “Women who deserve to go to hell” which said that it was wrong for wives to show “ingratitude to their husband” or “have tall ambitions”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/i...book-vll3jdjw7
    Sounds like things haven't moved on much since we were all expected to buy a copy of this book and had a whole subject and curriculum based around it.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I thought this was going to be about Sue Ellen???

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I thought this was going to be about Sue Ellen???

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PhiltheGreek
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    All women are like that with me. Some say its my personality. Others say rohypnol is at work....
    Allah must love your Mrs BP. She never refuses other people's husbands sex either. Just to be on the safe side.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    All women are like that with me. Some say its my personality. Others say rohypnol is at work....
    Rohypnol at work?
    I use it for leisure.

Anyway, my meeting don't need any assistance in getting people into an induced coma-like state.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    An old favourite.

qh

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Library books which urge women to be submissive to their husbands and never refuse sex.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    You are very cultural insensitive. Next you will be arguing against FGM.....

(that emoticon is not needed for normal people. only for his twuntyness).

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    If you can't see the blatantly obvious then I presume you think such teaching is OK.

Religious education (all religions) in school and outside of school needs to be strictly regulated. i.e all books approved by a regulator.
    presume all you like.
    you posted a link with no comment on it and no point made.
    I'd ban all religious education myself. it's all claptrap.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Library books which urge women to be submissive to their husbands and never refuse sex ...
    Seems pretty sound advice to me. Dunno what all the fuss is about.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

We call them ex-wives for short.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Perhaps something from Jacob Rees-Mogg's library would be more befitting

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    and your point is ??
    If you can't see the blatantly obvious then I presume you think such teaching is OK.

Religious education (all religions) in school and outside of school needs to be strictly regulated. i.e all books approved by a regulator.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X