• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Kicking off in Rhodesia"

Collapse

• PhiltheGreek
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    That's brought back some memories

Scottish lad by extraction was old Smithy. Got his face all shot up by the Germans in Italy when his plane was shot down and he joined the partisans if I remember right. I think it was him who declared independence for Rhodesia in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    https://youtu.be/T4zc7bRwnHI

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Has he gone yet?
    Tomorrow, apparently

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8062666.html

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    There was a time when they went to Switzerland, or Saudi if Muslim.
    quite varied some countries don't care

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratlin...r_II_aftermath)

Get Out! How 8 Dictators Spent Their Exile Years | Mental Floss

I don't care where they go so long as they no longer hurt people.

One of the few things that encourages me to believe in God is the thought that they might get purgatory but apparently so do little Babies & the fact these monsters exist in the first place suggest its not true so I will stay agnostic.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Has he gone yet?

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Nambia has her according to Trump.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Namibia has her according to R4.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Probably the UK. We seem to be expedient enough to welcome & take in various (ex) (Tinpot) Dictators / Oligarchs / Fraudsters / Religious Zealots.
    There was a time when they went to Switzerland, or Saudi if Muslim.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Probably the UK. We seem to be expedient enough to welcome & take in various (ex) (Tinpot) Dictators / Oligarchs / Fraudsters / Religious Zealots.
    If she hits someone, like she did in South Africa, we need to crowd fund so we can get her sent home.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Well she's fecked off.

Wonder what corrupt country accepted her?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Won’t happen. He’s too popular. His wife ain’t getting in power though. Here’s hoping the military establish a democracy rather than just takeover. I’m not optimistic right now as military types don’t like listening to the views of people.
    Well she's fecked off.

Wonder what corrupt country accepted her?

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Burning would be too good for him.
    Won’t happen. He’s too popular. His wife ain’t getting in power though. Here’s hoping the military establish a democracy rather than just takeover. I’m not optimistic right now as military types don’t like listening to the views of people.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    This is when you want to believe in Sky Fairies and eternal damnation!

The old bustard deserves to burn....

Lets hope they get a replacement who gets the 80% of Zimbabweans out of poverty.
    Burning would be too good for him.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    He's had a good innings though, up to today. 93 years old and still leading the country.
    This is when you want to believe in Sky Fairies and eternal damnation!

The old bustard deserves to burn....

Lets hope they get a replacement who gets the 80% of Zimbabweans out of poverty.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    I'm sure you could, but massages and blowies for middle-aged fat blokes in Warrington probably wasn't on her dream career path...
    It Keeps NLyUK & the other remoaners busy while we push up productivity!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X