• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Spectrum Vega+

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Spectrum Vega+"

Collapse

• NigelJK
    replied
    Has anyone mentioned Star Citizen yet?

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    How the RCL guys sleep at night I have no idea.
    On pillows of cash I suspect

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Looks like the 'first' batch of Vega+ handhelds have been delivered to some.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/0...nds_on_review/

Worth the wait?

At least as it's using an open source emulator (FUSE) you should be able to load all those games you ain't gonna get shipped in the box.
    Just typical. While watching this whole debacle evolve in my mail box I hadn't even considered the fact it would be utter crap which it looks. I remember a long time ago one of the delays was to re-design the buttons and they are still tulip it seems.

Mehhhh... What a ******* carry on. It just never ceased to amaze me. Even clicking through the Registers articles it's still eye opening what's going on, even now. For example, the article about a guy suing them for his money back.

Dr David Levy, chairman of RCL, failed to attend the hearing. In an amended witness statement served the night before the hearing he claimed that he was too scared to attend because he was worried about "having his cock chopped off" by "trolls" whom he said had been urged to meet "outside the court in Luton tomorrow". No such gathering took place. Levy also sent Morton £155 the night before the hearing in a last-ditch effort to stave off proceedings, something the judge described as "not appropriate".
    Jesus wept...

Ah well... I'm sure it's no where near over with 4k people expecting one back. How the RCL guys sleep at night I have no idea.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Can't do much with The Hobbit and other classic adventures on a Vega.

Far better with World of Spectrum

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Vega+ arrives - minimum viable product to avoid fraud charges?

Looks like the 'first' batch of Vega+ handhelds have been delivered to some.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/0...nds_on_review/

Worth the wait?

At least as it's using an open source emulator (FUSE) you should be able to load all those games you ain't gonna get shipped in the box.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    While we're in a thread about vapourwear:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/0...leap_revealed/

The balls they must have to keep rolling out that pile of crap and ignore any questions around capability (they're 'not going to get caught out by that trick question' ). At least this 'demo' version has some lights that work.

Feel free to add to this thread any other products they keep promising yet we know are never going to be delivered.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Meanwhile, the ZX Spectrum Next is chugging along just fine - there've been overruns, but of course there have; there always are with these things. But board-only backers have already received their kit, so we have confirmation that the hardware works, and the machine tooling for the cases is almost ready, with weekly updates on the process

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Plenty of online retro games available via your browser. Compare and contrast with the £150M+ farce that is Star Citizen.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Oh dear. Pity. Seems like they've let a lot of people down with this.
    Absolutely. So many people willing to put so much money in it would take utter incompetence to fail on it, which they have, spectacularly.

Old type retro games are probably the easiest lot to work with as well. Too much money and are so in love with the past they'll pay quite a bit and suffer many more delays than your average consumer just get one. All that flexibility and Retro sill managed to mess it up. It's pretty unbelievable really.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Well the utter farce that is Vega+ continues to roll... Indigogo are sending in the Debt collectors it appears.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44319346

The unofficial Vega+ page makes for some very grim reading. Absolute incompetence across the board. No one comes out of it smelling of roses. It's unbelievable. Poor old Clive must be absolutely fuming.

Home » ZX Vega+ Backers Daily Updated News UNOFFICIAL and UNAUTHORISED
    Oh dear. Pity. Seems like they've let a lot of people down with this.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Well the utter farce that is Vega+ continues to roll... Indigogo are sending in the Debt collectors it appears.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44319346

The unofficial Vega+ page makes for some very grim reading. Absolute incompetence across the board. No one comes out of it smelling of roses. It's unbelievable. Poor old Clive must be absolutely fuming.

Home » ZX Vega+ Backers Daily Updated News UNOFFICIAL and UNAUTHORISED

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Only the aux feed if you don't wanna dismantle the dash to get to the back of the ICE if you don't have one provided.

The rest is just routing thin wires behind pillar panels etc.
    Ok I'm confused and I also want this.

So, I've got a car with an aux port and an obd2 port. If I connect navdy to the obd2, the phone to to the navdy via bluetooth and the phone to the aux port, will phone calls use the car speaker and is it the navdy that acts as the microphone? Stuppiddddddd questions i know.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I've avoided Indigogo for everything apart from one project that was banned from Kickstarter (no idea why).
    If someone complaints it is a knock off of their idea they ban it.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    I remember seeing this yonks ago and thought I want one of those....

Wasn't it promised for last xmas? And they still havent shipped any?
    I seem to remember looking forward to playing it on the plane to vegas a year last September.

According to the last two updates they are still perfecting how to get bubbles out of the moldings of the buttons.

Here is that video from the update today.... Great huh.
    https://youtu.be/7mu-zG2oJA4

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Anyone else funded this project and is sitting there still with no Vega+ and has been watching the sorry drama unfold all this time?
    Yep got mine last month. I like it. All wrapped up and under the tree ready for Xmas day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X