• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Der Schnee ist kommen!"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    I changed the wheel's on the Mrs' car at the weekend. Now she can drive legally on the motorway - winter tyres compulsory from beginning of November
    Well, here oop north, they're not compulsory. I just get a kick out of being able to stop. Changing them tomorrow. Stupid fsking Volvo garage who switched the winter for summer last April, neglected to tell me that the winter tyres were almost done - so I had to order new tyres at the last minute (and make a new appointment).

With the grandsprog due March 2018, we're not having our usual ski holiday - we'll just go at weekends and the odd day off.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Will be in Stubaital a couple of weekends from now. Although at this rate will not need to drive so far south!

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Where abouts?
    that's a good question, I am not sure

it's all paid I'll be a passenger in the car so never paid attention to the destination

will find out ;-)

Milan

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I'll be in Austria at the same time, with 10 friends, not sure if we'll get any skiing in though

Milan.
    Where abouts?

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Love how you say 'how long do you live in Germany?' your head is already gemischt!

Also, ich bedeutet, Der Schnee wird kommen.
    ich meine. bedeutet means means

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    The Heads are best on prepared pistes, and the week before Christmas I'll most likely be using them not too far from Milan.
    I'll be in Austria at the same time, with 10 friends, not sure if we'll get any skiing in though

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Just her skis?
    Ahh ski season... Vertical hills and horizontal woman.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    This is wrong scooter, how long do you live in Germany? Correct sentence would be Der Schnee ist gekommen.

Or Der Schnee wird kommen (if it's future tence) or Der Schnee kommt as NotAllThere says if the arrival is imminent
    Love how you say 'how long do you live in Germany?' your head is already gemischt!

Also, ich bedeutet, Der Schnee wird kommen.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    FTFY
    Danke dir!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    this is mainly technical snow then ?

Milan.
    The Heads are best on prepared pistes, and the week before Christmas I'll most likely be using them not too far from Milan.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Ah no, Seth Pistols from the days I had an association with K2, great in powder or on English hill snow, where it has no base, and Head SuperShape Speed i RD (pick these words/letters and juggle the order to get the right name) from my more recent deal. I've also got an old pair of Head 1200i SW RD that I think they gave me. They are currently my rock hoppers due to blowing an edge in Stowe (or Smugglers). I keep meaning to repair them.

this is mainly technical snow then ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    WTFH,

both pairs of ski's you mean down hill and cross country ?
    Ah no, Seth Pistols from the days I had an association with K2, great in powder or on English hill snow, where it has no base, and Head SuperShape Speed i RD (pick these words/letters and juggle the order to get the right name) from my more recent deal. I've also got an old pair of Head 1200i SW RD that I think they gave me. They are currently my rock hoppers due to blowing an edge in Stowe (or Smugglers). I keep meaning to repair them.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Some serious apostrophe abuse here.......

please theyll ban me again'

Milan

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    WTFH,

both pairs of ski's you mean down hill and cross country ?

I changed the wheel's on the Mrs' car at the weekend. Now she can drive legally on the motorway - winter tyres compulsory from beginning of November

Oldest daughter got a new set of downhill ski's and boots at the weekend, she's grown out of the old ones

I hope this winter will be like the last we had 6 weeks of a foot of snow on the ground we were cross country skiing from the back door every weekend

Any predictions on what this winter will be like ?

I had to switch of the gas boiler at the weekend, it was too hot for the central heating !

Milan.
    Some serious apostrophe abuse here.......

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Missed my chance of a bargain pair of snowshoes in January.

So I'll just have to use my old TSL's for another year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X