• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Fallon Resigns

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Fallon Resigns"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Love or hate RT this is wonderful
    ... We can only assume the chapter on how to give advance warning to a perceived enemy, while letting them know you’re not quite ready at the moment, is in the extended edition of Sun Tzu’s Art of War ...

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Love or hate RT this is wonderful

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    there has to be more behind this.

I doubt he would resign just for a hand on the knee which JHB has already laughed off.
    Wasn't it a hand on the knee several times?

Maybe there was method in his apparent madness though - Being bang to rights and resigning over a blatant but relatively trivial misdemeanour, in order to avoid being in the spotlight and hauled up for some previous more serious one that since he has resigned may become moot?

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I think women need to take a different tacki.

This is how to deal with sex pests.

Woman in Brazil rubs breasts on 'sex pest's' face | Daily Mail Online
    I think our culture needs a bit of root cause analysis starting with the advertising industry and the use of female sexuality to get attention and extract money from stupid, weak men.

Then look at religious beliefs around the subject and how it royally screws people up and the cognitive dissonance between the two.

In 'primitive' tribal cultures' you don't get any of this because sexuality is treated as nature intended.

If I was a feminist I'd be going after advertising culture and looking to how that can change. Also I wouldn't be targeting and shaming men but instead 'educating' and talking to the women and girls who make careers out of spreading the culture of objectification.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Since it was a staged stunt how does it work in real life? And not all sex pests are gropers.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Anyone know much about the new chap? I'm guessing another warmongering flipwit?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Will this spread to Italy?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Bojo is a special case of...

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    I’m too dirty to be a minister but just dirty enough to be an MP, says Fallon

But Bojo clings on

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    We need a hand on knee emoji.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Laura Kuenssberg said last night that a few hours before he announced his resignation documents were presented to number 10 which may have hastened his decision.
    I should imagine they'll be on the front pages on Sunday morning.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

I doubt he would resign just for a hand on the knee which JHB has already laughed off.
    Laura Kuenssberg said last night that a few hours before he announced his resignation documents were presented to number 10 which may have hastened his decision.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    On this subject, Simon Ricketts on Twitter a couple of days ago: "A little secret. Sometimes, newspaper stories you deem as ‘weak’ are part of an attempt to draw out better evidence on a bigger story." So yes, I suspect there are much more interesting stories than JHB's knee that are on the verge of being revealed.

It's quite possible that he's gone in such a rush because he's been asked by some journalist if he wants to comment on such a story, and realised he'd better jump before he was pushed.
    That means JHB is as devious as I always though she was, as she clearly knew the parliamentary rumours about Fallon to state he touched her knee.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

On this subject, Simon Ricketts on Twitter a couple of days ago: "A little secret. Sometimes, newspaper stories you deem as ‘weak’ are part of an attempt to draw out better evidence on a bigger story." So yes, I suspect there are much more interesting stories than JHB's knee that are on the verge of being revealed.

It's quite possible that he's gone in such a rush because he's been asked by some journalist if he wants to comment on such a story, and realised he'd better jump before he was pushed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X