• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Best savings / ISA?"

Collapse

• lukemg
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    After you have maxed out on ISAs, simply put your money in a range of low cost index funds.
    Around 20% in higher risk funds.

Edit: I would pay off the mortgage first though, if you have one, odds are interest rates might rise.
    Cash ISA's are a joke. If length of time before you need the money >5 years, go low cost global index funds for ALL your ISA funds. Yes, they will go up and down but I am averaging 11%/year, I don't care if I never pay off my 2.5% mortgage....

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Coventry BS have offered good cash ISA deals over the past couple of years. Their online banking though is something out of the 80s, analogically speaking.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    After you have maxed out on ISAs, simply put your money in a range of low cost index funds.
    Around 20% in higher risk funds.

Edit: I would pay off the mortgage first though, if you have one, odds are interest rates might rise.
    Last edited by sasguru; 26 October 2017, 10:13.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    On reflection with the imminent interest rates rise I will probably pay off the £40K I was going to re-invest to paying off my mortgage instead - this will give me a mortgage of just £15K, which a couple of months gigging should pay off

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Forgot that Get £50 by clicking here

Oops you won’t get anything at the moment as zopa aren’t looking for investors
    That is because AssGuru's wife has lent them her pocket change.
    Last edited by vetran; 25 October 2017, 20:40.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    If you get introduced to zopa you'll get a free £50 as will the person who introduced you. Same with ratesetter.
    Forgot that Get £50 by clicking here

Oops you won’t get anything at the moment as zopa aren’t looking for investors
    Last edited by eek; 25 October 2017, 15:49.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Zopa 5.6-9.5% dependent on bad debts
    If you get introduced to zopa you'll get a free £50 as will the person who introduced you. Same with ratesetter.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Idi v Zopy

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    +1.
    Last edited by eek; 25 October 2017, 15:41.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Tempted by the Virgin ISA bond - it is 2.4% and actually paying more than my mortgage. Is 5 years too long to tie up money or do you think that interest rates will soar before then?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Still having problems with the pikeys over a poorly laid patio before I deal with the Mafia.....
    How is that psycho girl doing?

Leave a comment:

• FrontEnder
    replied
    Bitcoin.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Why won't you take Yer Local Mafia Neighbours ISA instead? They pay 20%, lend for 1000%
    Still having problems with the pikeys over a poorly laid patio before I deal with the Mafia.....

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Why won't you take Yer Local Mafia Neighbours ISA instead? They pay 20%, lend for 1000%

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    started a topic Best savings / ISA?

Best savings / ISA?

Tempted by the Virgin ISA bond - it is 2.4% and actually paying more than my mortgage. Is 5 years too long to tie up money or do you think that interest rates will soar before then?

Working...
X