• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weekend thread

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weekend thread"

Collapse

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by mattfx View Post
    Haha no way! Was really good last year, Saturdays bands were awesome.
    Made it along and it was an awesome night, great bands was hit and miss with the beer but the good ones were very good!

Had a horrible hangover on Sunday though!

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    What are you doing?

I hope to drive over the new Mersey Gateway bridge which opens at 1 minute past midnight tonight.
    Opening a bridge on Friday 13th? Ooh, cursed I tell thee!

This weekend I will be mostly building a fire-pit (although just finished it and hour ago) and burning stuff.

qh

Leave a comment:

• mattfx
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    I might well be at Oktoberfest on Saturday too! Not sure though as Sunday has an early start and a fair amount of fighting in it
    Haha no way! Was really good last year, Saturdays bands were awesome.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I'm doing a little dance this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    First practice back at Ice Hockey tonight since my concussion
    Saturday the lass i'm seeing and I are off to Oktoberfest to find out who can drink who under the table
    Sunday will mostly involve nursing a hangover on the sofa
    I might well be at Oktoberfest on Saturday too! Not sure though as Sunday has an early start and a fair amount of fighting in it

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Saturday the lass i'm seeing and I are off to Oktoberfest to find out who can drink who under the table
    Alone?

Leave a comment:

• mattfx
    replied

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    BY the time I get back I will probably have worked out what all the fooking buttons actually do, then I will have to give it back!!

yeah I know the feeling

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by Hertsseasider View Post
    TFA

Tonight - off to the pub

Tomorrow - Maidstone v Enfield in the FA Cup 4th Qualifying round followed by a meal at the Belgian restaurant in Maidstone (very recommended)

Sunday - tidying up the garden

You ?

should be good the Belgiums know gastronomie

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Spending a weekend in the family TIMESHARE in the South of France - Flying into BCN, so will have a pit stop at Girona on the way back to the airport - Will be interesting to see how things are over there in light of the current situation!
    fixed that for you

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Hertsseasider
    replied
    TFA

Tonight - off to the pub

Tomorrow - Maidstone v Enfield in the FA Cup 4th Qualifying round followed by a meal at the Belgian restaurant in Maidstone (very recommended)

Sunday - tidying up the garden

You ?

Leave a comment:

• gables
    replied
    TFA

Saturday going to an evening with Carl Fogarty
    Sunday, my daughter Scarlet comes to stay for 'reading week'. Also, going to look at a van to buy.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Living the high life there eh?
    I wish it was the Millau bridge - however it will be high enough for me.

Personally I prefer those sort of things to the "high life". A bigger chance of meeting nice people.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    make sure the bus has got a dunny

Milan.
    Nah....that is for the Plebs. Travelling up in a spanking new BMW Automatic Estate that had 17 miles on the clock when I collected it on Wednesday evening.
    The Hilux is in for some TLC and the Beamer was the best they could come up with as a replacement. Shame really.

BY the time I get back I will probably have worked out what all the fooking buttons actually do, then I will have to give it back!!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Good finally some of the roads around here will stop being screwed
    I hope I make it over the new bridge before you do!

However they also need to have a look at linked from the bridges to M57. That roundabout(A562/Knowsley expressway) is a pain.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X