• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Gee Elle Ess

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gee Elle Ess"

Collapse

• bobspud
    replied
    Another left field idea is a Tesla model X. Loads of room in them and a rather nice car to drive.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Instead of spending £74K on that, why not spend £4K on this 7-seat 4x4, and spend the £70K saved on travelling the world, or buying up the UK after Brexit completes?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...01708108223572
    I'd have that just for the reg alone.

qh (childish)

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    thanks Dad

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    What I like about the GLS is the size of the boot, we drive for winter and summer holidays and no matter how big the car is always seem to have a full boot,

Milan.
    Word to the wise Benesy. Rather than throwing money at a bigger boot, simply throw away some of the junk you insist upon dragging around with you on your hols.

You will save yourself a fortune and can then upgrade your body armour and underwear for the next time you plan on visiting Central London.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Instead of spending £74K on that, why not spend £4K on this 7-seat 4x4, and spend the £70K saved on travelling the world, or buying up the UK after Brexit completes?

it goes against Plan B's tax bill over 5 years, so 74k will help more than 4k

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    F-Paces are selling well and 'car of the year', not my 'cup of tea' so to speak, preferring the Sportbrake for load lugging (although wait for the 'R' version if you want some umph).

Get'em while they're hot,and before the import tariffs are applied (for all our EU 'friends').

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Basic GLS is over £70k, and you'll need to hit the options list.
    Decent RR, about £70k and no options needed. And it will be more reliable, and you'll look cool, unlike with the Mercedes, where you will look like a huge bell-end.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Good MB is here. Europe-based remoan cretin is off for the rest of the month and we need a replacement.
    Good Morning All,

thanks for the feedback.

What I like about the GLS is the size of the boot, we drive for winter and summer holidays and no matter how big the car is always seem to have a full boot, it also fits a 3rd row of seats nicely which is good for going on trips together with the old folks

Mordy are you speaking from personal experience regarding reliability of the Range Rover ? coming from the sticks, I know that Range Rovers have never been famous for reliability, and am surprised to see them quoted as more reliable than a German car.

I would be happy to take a RR Vogue, but simply don't trust their reliability

Milan.

p.s. by the way it was noted the sad gets who applauded Brillo for his musing
    Last edited by milanbenes; 11 October 2017, 06:28.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    What about the Mercedes GLS ?

Milan.
    Girl's car, no ?

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Tried a GL when we was looking for the previous family car the 350 is just slightly too slow but the 63 is OMG!!! it was frighteningly fun but sadly also way too expensive (for my spec requirements). My overall impression of them is the ML rides a hell of a lot better on bumpy roads. Money no object I would spec another ML over the GLS.

You should also look into the new RR Discovery its rather nice. and they do one with the F-Type engine in it which will be no slouch.

Leave a comment:

• Bacchus
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    A car named after a type of light bulb?

Goodness me.

Whatever next.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the Seat Edison Screw?

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    What about the Mercedes GLS ?

Milan.
    A car named after a type of light bulb?

Goodness me.

Whatever next.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Usually I find it is BMW or Audi.

Why advertise that you have a small penis?
    ...when he could wear Lycra and it would be obvious.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    Just a note about the owner profile.

Whenever I'm going round the Bristol Ring Road fully dressed and I have a vehicle hanging off my beam end, a quick glance over my shoulder reveals that it is always, always a Merc, Beamer or Audi.

Food for thought.
    Usually I find it is BMW or Audi.

Why advertise that you have a small penis?

Leave a comment:

• Pip in a Poke
    replied
    Just a note about the owner profile.

Whenever I'm going round the Bristol Ring Road fully dressed and I have a vehicle hanging off my beam end, a quick glance over my shoulder reveals that it is always, always a Merc, Beamer or Audi.

Food for thought.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X