• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Best TeaPot

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Best TeaPot"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I have some nice glass vacuum cups which are lovely

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I've always wanted a vacuum (thermos) glass teapot. Every teapot I ever used is cold by the time you want a second cup.

I have some nice glass vacuum cups which are lovely

Leave a comment:

• contractorinatractor
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    my trusty old teapot has developed a hairline crack.
    What do you guys think is the best replacement? i want a nice strong brew without too much faffing.
    oh, and money is no object.

Example, albeit the company are sold out:
    https://www.palmerstores.com/product.../2806/#reviews

Edit: I see amazon have them. The company has changed name from Grunwerg to Cafe Ole, for some reason.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003CB9T...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Try a Grunwerg Rondo. Good for strong tea. Avoid glass teapots - they are aesthetically pleasing whilst infusing, but dissipate heat far too quickly and ruin the leaf infusion process.

I drink black, white, green and herbal teas using teapots, and this one is the best of any I've used. The pot-for-one is good for the office.
    Main reasons to get this one: nobody wants to steal it, looks unusual; bakelite handle, lasts forever, and means you will not get burned whilst carrying it around; wire mesh infuser, rather than a metal tub with holes drilled in, so tea infuses properly.
    Last edited by contractorinatractor; 6 October 2017, 13:44.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Did you want a parroty tea pot?

Or a parody tea pot?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Irony seems to be lost here. - oh, well
    Did you want a parroty tea pot?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    What do you guys think is the best replacement? i want a nice strong brew without too much faffing.
    Get into kintsugi.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    You would be better off with bronzey.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    You need one of these - strong, not much faffing, and (I presume) reassuringly expensive.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Sounds like you need the advice of experts....

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Sloe Home

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Ah. Thanks. Must try. Sloe and damson gins are my regulars.
    I’ve 3.5l of sloe gin on the go from picking the blackthorns I planted a couple of years ago. They don’t go through a still, just 500g of fruit, 250g of sugar per litre of gin.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    When you go shopping for a teapot, take a bottle of water and a bowl with you. Then you can check easily if the teapot is a dribbler.
    The main dribbling aspect isn't hairline cracks but utterly carp "shallow" spouts where supposedly chic minimalist design has long since completely taken over from sound hydrodynamics and plain common sense.

Frankly I wouldn't bother buying any teapot made after about 1950 for that reason, as it will dribble like an incontinent two year old!

Your best bet is to try and find an old one in a charity shop. (I have several, although I don't generally use them.)

Leave a comment:

• Pip in a Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Always made my own sloe gin in time for Christmas.

Word has it that one shouldn't pick the sloes until after the first frost.

Now, years ago that meant you could have them steeped in a kilner jar by the end of September but these days one can count the number of pre-Christmas frosts on something I haven't got.

So, onto a baking tray for a night in the deep freeze they go...

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    You suspend the botanicals over the vodka so that they flavour the vapour, then you condense it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X