• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Gone viral

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gone viral"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Which is why I’ve become slightly obsessed by medieval history (#medievaltwitter) and the bitchiness and bullying of the academia surrounding it.
    https://twitter.com/donaeldunready

Make Mercia great again!

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    Not quite true. There are a few of the people I follow who retweet interesting things. I will follow any I find who catch my attention.

Which is why I’ve become slightly obsessed by medieval history (#medievaltwitter) and the bitchiness and bullying of the academia surrounding it.

CUK has nothing on that.

(But there are positive thing in there too!)
    Fair point.

Maybe more accurate to say likes and retweets of silly viral joke tweets don’t really translate to new followers.

I have picked up followers from retweets of sensible and work related tweets.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Not quite true. There are a few of the people I follow who retweet interesting things. I will follow any I find who catch my attention.

CUK has nothing on that.

I've ended up following a historian for the same reason.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    I have a few thousand followers but you’re right, retweets and likes don’t translate to new followers.

CUK has nothing on that.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Bit difficult especially as he was cremated...
    I hang my head in shame.... Ashes to ashes 😱

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    My Shergold!

But by what conveyance, could you remove such treasures safely from a failing state.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Now that's a guitar! My brother has one of the six strings.
    My Shergold!

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    Ian Curtis is spinning in his grave with envy
    Bit difficult especially as he was cremated...

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Masquerader then...

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Shergold

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    I also got Peter Hook (Joy Division/New Order) - he was after my Shergold Marathon 6-string Bass.....
    Ian Curtis is spinning in his grave with envy

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Does it make it feel that your life is complete now ?
    I also got Peter Hook (Joy Division/New Order) - he was after my Shergold Marathon 6-string Bass.....

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    I posted a snippet of video i cut from a 2hr DVD and so far its got 81,000 views. Didnt put it on Twitter but on that Stephen Fry is one if my followers honest!

Leave a comment:

• PhiltheGreek
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    He follows me too. I’m one of the 50,000!
    You want to watch out for that. I've heard he bakes a light sponge, if you catch my drift.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X