• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tricky Situation..but I am happy to be in.!! Any advice highly appreciated..."

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    I'm not sure how our idiot friend qualifies re. the "Rambo" bit, but I'm liking the cut of yer jib, Sir...
    I wasn’t implying that our friend was muscular and liked sheep shagging, but more that the only “Lambo” I suspect he could ever have would be a sheep with muscles.

(I believe that Sheep with Muscles is on the menu of the Celebrity MasterShout final tonight)

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I think he means he’s got one of these:

Sheep + Rambo = Lambo
    I'm not sure how our idiot friend qualifies re. the "Rambo" bit, but I'm liking the cut of yer jib, Sir...

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    No issue with car park @ Option-2. Plenty of place s there, sure will get a secure place for my Lambo!
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    I bet mine's better than yours...

I think he means he’s got one of these:

Sheep + Rambo = Lambo

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    No issue with car park @ Option-2. Plenty of place s there, sure will get a secure place for my Lambo!
    I bet mine's better than yours...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Come on guys, if you look objectively my plan will work well for all parties involved. I am certain this will be the way 99% people if this forum will be doing/thinking as well.
    These types posts really frustrate me. You've been told over and over again by many people it won't work out well for all parties with clear explainations of why and the fact these people say that clearly shows 99% of people wouldn't. They would use the delaying tactic as explained and you glossed over.

How can you be so deluded you can't take on board any of the feedback from multiple people that is exactly the opposite to your opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Have you told the second client that you will be leaving them as soon as your SC comes through, or are you just saying “screw them, they can onboard me for 2 weeks then I’ll run away having wasted their time and money.”
    that's the sort of situation where a client may refuse to pay, time sheets signed or not. After 2 weeks the OP would be unlikely to have actually delivered anything against the SoW, and there are other clauses in most contracts about quality of work, and fixing errors for free. If I was the client I'd tell the agent that it's a breach and they can whistle for the money.

Leave a comment:

• PhiltheGreek
    replied
    all done very well
    In that case, we'd all be interested to hear about your *****-ups.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Come on guys, if you look objectively my plan will work well for all parties involved. I am certain this will be the way 99% people if this forum will be doing/thinking as well.

Yes, I made a school boy error by not reading the contract thoroughly, but rest all done very well.
    Should we look objectively at your plan in isolation, or within the context of a reasonable assessment of your capabilities?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

Yes, I made a school boy error by not reading the contract thoroughly, but rest all done very well.
    Have you told the second client that you will be leaving them as soon as your SC comes through, or are you just saying “screw them, they can onboard me for 2 weeks then I’ll run away having wasted their time and money.”

Leave a comment:

• Darren_Test
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You turning up on site means someone has lost out...

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Come on Old Greg. Tell me this is one of your trolling sockies and you got me hook line and sinker. No one can be this dumb.
    That dreary old queen lacks the imagination.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I have a plan to make this win-win for all involved.
    You turning up on site means someone has lost out...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Come on Old Greg. Tell me this is one of your trolling sockies and you got me hook line and sinker. No one can be this dumb.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Contract -1 will be void if they can't get me start by the promised contract start date..
    WTF is wrong with you? Are you completely brain dead or something. No it won't!!

Using your some logic. If the SC comes though and the date you can start after you've worked your two weeks notice is after the start date does that make it void? If there is such a thing.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 21 September 2017, 18:10.

Leave a comment:

• Darren_Test
    replied
    Originally posted by mattfx View Post
    If a client hired me for a three month forklift infrastructure upgrade, I got two weeks in (pretty much the time it takes to onboard you and familiarise yourself with their infra) and I then handed in my notice, that wouldn't be helpful in the slightest! All doing that does is delay your clients project while you have a couple of easy weeks at a desk learning the specifics of the environment you're in.

Contracting is tough! Whilst you were on the bench you should've been doing what I said earlier; greasing up your contacts, working your LinkedIn profile, hell - go and do some voluntary work! You never know who you may meet as a result of doing things like that.

I've been in a situation where i've been between jobs (not gigs, this was back in permie land) and to cover off some of my shortfall I went and worked on a building site for a few weeks. If you're that desperate for the money, there are better ways to make up the shortfall than shafting clients in our industry.

Oh and one more thing - people with no ethics like you give the rest of us a bad name; if you have a client who doesn't use contractors that often and you screw them over, they are far less likely to consider using a contractor again because they got burnt the first time. So well done - your tulip approach to business doesn't just effect you, but all of us to some extent.
    I have a plan to make this win-win for all involved.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X