• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wife's 40th birthday. What to do/buy?"

Collapse

• quackhandle
    replied
    Organise a big party, but then delegate all to one of her friends. Sorted.

qh

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Men are remarkably easy to please, but I'm guessing you sort of already knew that beforehand.
    Yeah. The new rug in the lounge is looking good.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Almost said, nothing as I've never been partnered up around the "right" time, then remembered current squeeze had a significant birthday this year.

I invited myself to his place at short notice (once I found out he didn't have the kids) and spent the better part of a month getting some Coravin kit to him (saga here) which arrived almost exactly a month later than planned. We ate, drank, shagged for a weekend. He seemed happy enough.
    Men are remarkably easy to please, but I'm guessing you sort of already knew that beforehand.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    A romantic weekend far away from your home.
    And further away from Portugal.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    I am the worst at buying gifts or coming up with romantic or adventurous ideas.

So - with some degree of seriousness to this request - what have you bought (for your partner) or done (for your partner) for major milestone birthdays?
    A romantic weekend far away from your home.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Misread the description of the Dyson Ball Cleaner and ended up in A&E?
    It did exactly what it said on the tin.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    shagged for a weekend. He seemed happy enough.
    and why not.

you didn't waste time or money on anything else did you?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
    A Dyson
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I did that... Don't!
    Misread the description of the Dyson Ball Cleaner and ended up in A&E?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post

An interesting list, considering my question was: what have you bought (for your partner) or done (for your partner) for major milestone birthdays?
    Almost said, nothing as I've never been partnered up around the "right" time, then remembered current squeeze had a significant birthday this year.

I invited myself to his place at short notice (once I found out he didn't have the kids) and spent the better part of a month getting some Coravin kit to him (saga here) which arrived almost exactly a month later than planned. We ate, drank, shagged for a weekend. He seemed happy enough.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    World peace.
    Thanks, Stan.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Harsher punishment for parole violators.
    World peace.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Tell us saucy Sue... what would you wish for?
    Harsher punishment for parole violators.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You guys are terrible.
    Tell us saucy Sue... what would you wish for?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    You guys are terrible.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Sounds similar to a guy I know who bought his wife car mats for their first anniversary.
    It really is the thought that counts.
    Gave an oven glove as well once... I just wanted to make sure she wasn't acting pissed off when she got the Dyson... She wasn't.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X