• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weekend plans?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weekend plans?"

Collapse

• PhiltheGreek
    replied
    Got your wings eh? Good chap

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Bit of a late response - I had to cancel a few times due to weather, but I finally got in the air with an examiner this weekend. Stressful couple of hours, but he was pleased and kindly granted me a pass with no negative feedback at all!

Technically I need my license through before I can call myself a pilot, but I figure I'm close enough!
    Next stop lucrative contract with Ryanair....

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Bit of a late response - I had to cancel a few times due to weather, but I finally got in the air with an examiner this weekend. Stressful couple of hours, but he was pleased and kindly granted me a pass with no negative feedback at all!

Technically I need my license through before I can call myself a pilot, but I figure I'm close enough!

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Hoping to pass my test and get my pilots license this weekend. Quite nervous though and weather isn't looking amazing.

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    Originally posted by gables View Post
    Where are you biking?
    Mostly country lanes / shared paths. It's all pretty pedestrian (ha) stuff. Fifty miles over about 5 hours.

I'm unusual in that I keep my speed down when I'm around other path users and communicate either vocally, with my bike bell or both. So many cyclists hurtle along in stealth mode. Pricks.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Not in Surrey.
    There are shared paths in Surrey.

Granted not in woodland.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    That's a bit off. Although here there isn't that distinction, all is shared, all should be responsible.
    Not in Surrey.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Weekend plans?

That's a bit off. Although here there isn't that distinction, all is shared, all should be responsible.
    Most of the tracks in the woods round here are shared, there's a couple of bike only tracks and a couple of footpaths

Leave a comment:

• gables
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    The mountain bikers round here aren't quite as bad, apart from their insistence on cycling on woodland footpaths when the bike trails get a little muddy.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Ah I see, anyone behaving like that is not welcome anywhere, MAMIL or not, which I'm not. I was hoping maybe the other fella was a mountain biker and I would find new places to ride, hence my question.
    The mountain bikers round here aren't quite as bad, apart from their insistence on cycling on woodland footpaths when the bike trails get a little muddy.

Leave a comment:

• gables
    replied
    I'm a supporter of MAMILs, particularly if they stay in the city and don't come into the peaceful countryside with their dangerous riding, littering, noise and general lack of respect and responsibility.
    Ah I see, anyone behaving like that is not welcome anywhere, MAMIL or not, which I'm not. I was hoping maybe the other fella was a mountain biker and I would find new places to ride, hence my question.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    hmmm, not sure what you mean by this?
    I'm a supporter of MAMILs, particularly if they stay in the city and don't come into the peaceful countryside with their dangerous riding, littering, noise and general lack of respect and responsibility.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Has this person finished yet?
    Just finished in 1st. Still 5 going. They are all at least 5 hours behind. They have 12 hours 23 minutes to finish...

Amazing as he was unwell the last week. Was thinking of dropping to only a double.

Leave a comment:

• gables
    replied
    :
    hmmm, not sure what you mean by this?

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Hoping to pass my test and get my pilots license this weekend. Quite nervous though and weather isn't looking amazing.
    Weather said no, ho hum! Knew I should have gone to learn in Arizona or something!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X