• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Projet Angscht oder Welt Dominatioun"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    It's all nice and jolly where I'm sitting. Here's a Blower cartoon (from The Telegraph) to lighten the mood:

Is that Biggus Dickus?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Hush. The adults are talking. Here's a ball. Go and play with it.

you want OPM to play with your balls?

How continental!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    His Mum says, can you make sure it's sized so he chokes when he puts it in his mouth.
    Your mother does when she puts in her mouth

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Well, the going rate in the UK is £1bn for 10 MPs (or is it £1.5bn?). That means to buy a majority in Westminster would cost £32bn.
    UK Population is 70 million, Europe is about 5x that.
    5x32 = £160bn, so getting it for £100bn is a bargain! :lol:
    I was wrong, he's clearly a genius...

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

His Mum says, can you make sure it's sized so he chokes when he puts it in his mouth.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Oooh fish are biting today.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Given how utterly crap he is at the job, I wonder how much he had to bribe the idiots who voted for him. Guess we'll probably never know, but it would explain their sudden need for £100bn...
    I know things are getting tough in the UK, but no need to give up on reality completely.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Given how utterly crap he is at the job, I wonder how much he had to bribe the idiots who voted for him. Guess we'll probably never know, but it would explain their sudden need for £100bn...
    Well, the going rate in the UK is £1bn for 10 MPs (or is it £1.5bn?). That means to buy a majority in Westminster would cost £32bn.
    UK Population is 70 million, Europe is about 5x that.
    5x32 = £160bn, so getting it for £100bn is a bargain! :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Unelected?

Let's start off with the UK...
    Theresa May wasn't elected to be prime minister, she was leader of the Conservative party.
    She wasn't elected by the public to be prime minister. She wasn't elected by all of the UK parliament to be prime minister. There was no vote in the House of Commons that made her Prime Minister. The UK public only get to vote for their individual local MP.

Junker is the leader of the EPP (a political party). He was elected my the European Parliament. There was a vote in the European Parliament in 2014 that made him president for 5 years. The European Parliament consists of MEPs who are voted for by the European public.

You, as an individual did not vote for Theresa May to be Prime Minister (even in her constituency that is not what is on the ballot) in the same way that you as an individual did not vote for J-C Junker to be President of the EU.

So if he is "unelected" as you've chosen to believe, then so is Theresa May.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Have you read Scooterscot's posts?
    I don't side with him He just occasionally blunders into a position where he sides with me.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Whereas siding with originalPM really shows you're onto a dead cert.
    Have you read Scooterscot's posts?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    They seem to be far too easy to wind up. It's as if they have backed the wrong pony or something.
    Whereas siding with originalPM really shows you're onto a dead cert.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    They seem to be far too easy to wind up. It's as if they have backed the wrong pony or something.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Oooh, I've been called out again for making stuff up, better change the subject or hope some of my religious friends turn up to deflect the truth from me
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X