• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Floaters

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Floaters"

Collapse

• BlasterBates
    replied
    If they wiggle rather than float then you have a problem.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    I've had them since my 20's apparently even if you remove them they return as it is just junk that slowly disintegrates.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    floaters are a sympton of astigmatism (that funny shaped eye-balls not holes in the hand).
    They can also be a sympton of a retina about to detach.

The 1st is nothing to worry about.
    The 2nd is only an issue if the amount of floaters increase over a short space of time. If you've had them years it's just the astigmatism.

IANACO - but I suffer from astigmatism and have a friend who's retina detached.
    Nonsense. I have floaters and I don't have either of those conditions. My eyesight is a smidge better than 20/20.

My floaters' visibility varies according to a few factors - what I'm looking at, tiredness etc. They are nothing to worry about. They're simply the shadow caused by junk floating about in your eye. Linked to age but I've had them since my 20's so not sure what "age" they're linked to.

Floaters - NHS Choices

Leave a comment:

• SeededLoaf
    replied
    I have 3 near the centre of vision in my left eye, almost in a straight line with the horizon.

They look little floating snakes and are really noticeable when it's sunny. Which isn't a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied

qh

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    No they don't get worse, floaters are transparent so you see through them anyway, and if you keep your eyes still they sink to the bottom and you get a clear view.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    I read the reviews first and avoided it. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...n_England.html
    i predate tripadvisor/google/ the internet etc.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I always thought that they were from taking too much LSD when younger, you live and learn...

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    That's a complete Sh*tehouse, isn't it? well it was a long time ago I looked in and left.
    I read the reviews first and avoided it. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...n_England.html

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    kill emm with lots of loo paper.
    You are suppose to chuck them out of the window, find it stuck in-between the gap and get stuck trying to get it out...

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    He is remembering the Thistle Hotel Heathrow.
    That's a complete Sh*tehouse, isn't it? well it was a long time ago I looked in and left.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    there's ALWAYS one................................
    He is remembering the Thistle Hotel Heathrow.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Anyone else suffer from floaters, the eye type rather than the trap 2 type?

I have worn contacts for years, and starting to get more and more noticeable, opticians have said there is nothing that can be done but a few "online treatments" suggest that they can be dissolved with lasers which sounds scary as ****, but then again my eyes are the one thing I make sure I look after and the thought of them getting worse (I am not exactly old so lots of years left for them to get worse) fills me with even more dread.

Do they get less noticeable?
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    there's ALWAYS one................................

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    floaters are a sympton of astigmatism (that funny shaped eye-balls not holes in the hand).
    They can also be a sympton of a retina about to detach.

The 1st is nothing to worry about.
    The 2nd is only an issue if the amount of floaters increase over a short space of time. If you've had them years it's just the astigmatism.

IANACO - but I suffer from astigmatism and have a friend who's retina detached.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X