• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Geocaching

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Geocaching"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    A friend helps you move
    A good friend helps you move a body.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Do I look like the person who digs the hole?
    Digging your own holes? INKSPE....

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    You look like the person rolled up in a carpet with spade injuries to your head.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Shovel is not much good for digging.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by mattfx View Post
    Can confirm. Builders I used to work for as a teenager gave me one to start manually digging a trench because they thought it'd be funny to watch me struggle for a day and I didn't know the difference. Worst backache evurrr.
    Did it have a loose handle as well and need a left handed screwdriver?

Leave a comment:

• mattfx
    replied
    Can confirm. Builders I used to work for as a teenager gave me one to start manually digging a trench because they thought it'd be funny to watch me struggle for a day and I didn't know the difference. Worst backache evurrr.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Well, a shovel is shaped like a spade (the card), but a spade (the garden tool) is designed for more precise cutting/digging. A shovel will leave a more natural look to the ground afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    You need to call a spade a spade.
    Well, a shovel is shaped like a spade (the card), but a spade (the garden tool) is designed for more precise cutting/digging. A shovel will leave a more natural look to the ground afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Don't forget a roll of carpet and a shovel.
    You need to call a spade a spade.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Don't forget a roll of carpet and a shovel.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    go have some fun in the woods
    Remember who you're suggesting this to.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Walking yesterday and got talking to some chap who's really into this. Got a Garmin Oregon but never used it to search for little boxes full of pencils etc. Looks silly to me, like Pokemon, but who knows?

Any geocache fanatics here?
    Tell us if you find the UK's Brexit plan.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    We used to do them occasionally - it's good fun. Bit of an excuse to get out and about and go to places you wouldn't normally.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Give it a go.

Geocaching used to be great - clever hides in nice places, but there are a lot of lazy hides these days. So read the logs, look at ones with 'favourite' points and go have some fun in the woods

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I am easily encouraged by Mudskipper!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X