• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Invoice newbie questions"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I suspect he is not.
    Does he choke pole, do you know?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Are you going direct with the end client or through an agency?
    Is this the first time you've had a contract?
    What country are you located in?
    Do you have your own limited company?
    How long have you been working for this client?
    What did you sign with the client before work commenced?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by mattfx View Post
    OP you're best off posting things like this in "Business / Contracts" to avoid some of the initial comments.....
    To be honest my response would be no different.

1) he isn't in the UK
    2) the end customer is American so any advice is going to be blooming complex even if he was in the UK
    3) see point 1.

In reality no matter where he posts this question no one on here can answer it correctly...

Leave a comment:

• mattfx
    replied
    OP you're best off posting things like this in "Business / Contracts" to avoid some of the initial comments.....

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Are you based in the UK?
    I suspect he is not.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Are you based in the UK? If not any advice we give you may not be accurate for the country you live in.

Leave a comment:

• plg
    replied
    Thanks kaiser78!

Should I avoid "work for hire" clauses? Is there anything that I can counteroffer?

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by plg View Post
    I'm a newcomer, I hope someone can help me with these questions.
    I'm located in EU and I have a client in US.

1. How often do I send them an invoice? What have you agreed with your client ? Do I need to have this in the contract? Yes
    2. How often do they pay? What have you agreed with your client ? Do I need to have this in the contract? Yes
    3. Do I need to include the VAT/taxpayer id in the invoice You need to show your VAT registration number on the invoice
    Comments in red

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by plg View Post

1. How often do I send them an invoice? Do I need to have this in the contract?
    2. How often do they pay? Do I need to have this in the contract?
    3. Do I need to include the VAT/taxpayer id in the invoice?
    Have you asked your mum?

Leave a comment:

• plg
    started a topic Invoice newbie questions

Invoice newbie questions

1. How often do I send them an invoice? Do I need to have this in the contract?
    2. How often do they pay? Do I need to have this in the contract?
    3. Do I need to include the VAT/taxpayer id in the invoice?

Working...
X