• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "F*** off unless you are Christian"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Other Swiss hotels would target ALL guests but write the sign in Yiddish.
    I was going to add that in but thought it would be commonsense.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Everyone needs to use the shower but for some reason Jewish guests were singled out. Likewise with the fridge business.

Normal hotels would target ALL guests.
    Other Swiss hotels would target ALL guests but write the sign in Yiddish.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    "Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Hotovely denounced the sign as “an anti-Semitic act of the worst and ugliest kind”"

Can anyone think of a worse and more ugly kind of anti-semitism?
    Does this make the Israeli Foreign Minister a holocaust denier?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    The Swiss don't really like anybody. They're a nation of little Hitlers, look what they did to NAT...
    What do you mean "look what they did"? I've always been like this.

Everyone needs to use the shower but for some reason Jewish guests were singled out.
    True. The reason was that it was (apparently) only Jewish guests who were swimming without showering first. Of course, she should have written "All guests".
    Likewise with the fridge business.
    False. Only the Jewish guests are allowed access to the fridge in order to store various kosher items of their own. Non-Jewish guests are not allowed access to the fridge. Therefore it makes sense in this case to say "To our Jewish guests".

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I personally do not agree with it - however I also recognise that their are freedoms people are allowed to have when running a business.
    Doesn't work like that.

If you run a public facing business in the EEA and Switzerland you can not single any individual or group of people out on their age, gender, sexuality, religion, nationality, ethnic group or disability for less favourable treatment in supplying goods and services to them.

If you decide you don't want to do something because you are a bigot in some way, you make up a reasonable excuse that doesn't fall foul of the law.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    O quê?

Everybody needs to use the shower before going to the pool, or in Switzerland only the Jewish need to take a shower?
    Everyone needs to use the shower but for some reason Jewish guests were singled out. Likewise with the fridge business.

Normal hotels would target ALL guests.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    If I ran a guest house, I would not let any CUK posters stay there.
    But if you ran a workhouse....?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    I personally do not agree with it - however I also recognise that their are freedoms people are allowed to have when running a business.
    They are not allowed to have them. You want them to be allowed them.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Doesn't sound like a nice kind of country. Maybe you should either campaign to change the law or move to Saudi.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    We know they don't like Muslims but now they are showing they really don't like Jews -

linky
    O quê?

Everybody needs to use the shower before going to the pool, or in Switzerland only the Jewish need to take a shower?

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    They have all the gold that DP does not have.
    They have almost all of it then.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    If you ran a guest house, I would not let any CUK posters stay there.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    If I ran a guest house, I would not let any CUK posters stay there.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Indeed - if you believe there is a niche to be filled then it could be a good business idea.
    Doesn't sound like a nice kind of country. Maybe you should either campaign to change the law or move to Saudi.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    But there will be niche businesses that can guarantee (for example) a hotel stay that is free of Jews? And these businesses might do well?
    Indeed - if you believe there is a niche to be filled then it could be a good business idea.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X