• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Achtung - Kellner sprechen Englisch"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I suspect severe trepanation wouldn't make an improvement ...
    It certainly wouldn't in YOUR case. Making a hole in YOUR skull would simply allow more of the cobwebs to blow out!!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Brexiters, don't you just love them. I suspect severe trepanation wouldn't make an improvement ...
    If it didn't work the first time, why do you think it would a second?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I am in DarmyLand. Everything is fine here.

Do you need more crayons? Should we send in nurse to tie your shoelaces?
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Or Crayons.............
    Brexiters, don't you just love them. I suspect severe trepanation wouldn't make an improvement ...

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Jens Spahn said hearing waiters speaking English in Berlin 'drives me up the wall'
    37-year-old politician insisted you would 'never find this kind of lunacy in Paris'

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    He's not allowed shoe laces.
    Or Crayons.............

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Can't we all just learn English and be done with it?
    English is not a very efficient language, it's the equivalent to BASIC programming. There is also a lot of ambiguity with the grammar.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied

He's not allowed shoe laces.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Where are you then? Narnia, Atlantis, Babar's Kingdom or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Country_of_the_Blind

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I love Europeans. In Europe.....
    Where are you then? Narnia, Atlantis, Babar's Kingdom or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Country_of_the_Blind

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    First they came for the cretins...
    Let us know how that plays out so that we can take whatever actions are deemed necessary.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I'm glad you love yourself...
    Except when it's on public transport.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I'm glad you love yourself...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    One of my theories about these strange Brexiters not liking Europeans is probably due to their school years. I suspect that when the foreign exchange students were there, they were the only ones who couldn't get off with them at the leaving party

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    The French have exactly the same thing, they also have a group which campaigns for the French language.

The Spanish want everyone to learn their language.

So, why you have such an obsession with the German language, I don't know. Is it because the Daily Mail supported them at the start of the Second World War, or because the Queen's family are from there?
    One of my theories about these strange Brexiters not liking Europeans is probably due to their school years. I suspect that when the foreign exchange students were there, they were the only ones who couldn't get off with them at the leaving party

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    The future German Chancellor wants everyone to learn German. Will it end well?
    He's got about as much chance of being the next Chancellor as you have

Leave a comment:

Working...
X