• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: RFID wallets

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "RFID wallets"

Collapse

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Have you tried putting tin foil over your head?
    It wasn't to stop crime. I did it because I wanted to be able to keep my Oyster and and bank card separated.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Covering just your head in foil is no longer sufficient....

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    All I did was buy a standard card wallet and put a folded sheet of tin foil (started with roughly the width of an A4 sheet of paper) into the outer most compartment of the side that I did not want to be read. It works like a charm.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    All I did was buy a standard card wallet and put a folded sheet of tin foil (started with roughly the width of an A4 sheet of paper) into the outer most compartment of the side that I did not want to be read. It works like a charm.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Wise men do this

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    You carry David Davies in a Faraday Cage?
    he's a tory, goodness knows how kinky David Davies is!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Just carry them in Faraday Cage - Like David Davies
    You carry David Davies in a Faraday Cage?

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by InsertWittyNameHere555 View Post
    Was hoping to get a wallet where one card slot on the outside is unprotected, while the rest are, if that makes sense
    Something like this....?

https://nerowallet.com/products/mini...-rfid-blocking

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    You could try getting those protector cards that go either side of the cards that blocks the RFID (apparently) and keep the oyster outside. It should be the only readable one then.

Like this
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wallet-Bloc.../dp/B00CJHZLEW

Leave a comment:

• InsertWittyNameHere555
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Why not be less lazy?
    Huh?

Leave a comment:

• InsertWittyNameHere555
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    How will the wallet know which card is to be read at the right time?
    Was hoping to get a wallet where one card slot on the outside is unprotected, while the rest are, if that makes sense

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Just carry them in Faraday Cage - Like David Davies

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Why not be less lazy?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    How will the wallet know which card is to be read at the right time?

Leave a comment:

• InsertWittyNameHere555
    started a topic RFID wallets

RFID wallets

I know the whole security aspect of RFID wallets are bollocks, however I like the idea of having a mechanism where only of my contactless cards can be read while the others are "protected". Usually I just have the card holder type wallets, rather than a full size folding wallet, for an oyster card, debit card, amex and company account card.

As more and more cards have contactless I'd like to have something that only the oyster card is read when presented to the reader (for those who will invariably say why not just use the debit card for the tube I like having a separate account of journeys I can expense when TFL emails me the statement history)

Anyone got a recommendation?

Working...
X