• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oracle support - oh dear"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    And also now has a fantastic story to amaze and impress his friends and peers.
    His English friends will not be impressed. Taking a role he is over qualified for. His Welsh friends will see it as normal.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I suspect its a different meeting.... Unless you are working on a project in Austria....
    It's about 5 years since I've worked in Austria. Still miss Figlmueller for the schnitzel, the Schweizerhaus for its pork shoulder and the Residenz for a strudel.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Money and keeping fit!
    And also now has a fantastic story to amaze and impress his friends and peers.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Now I did do a gig a few years now where one of the tasks was swapping the tapes. It was a 3rd line role but low level - I was skint.

Took all afternoon mind. Had to walk around a big site (hospital). I didnt mind - get paid either way.

Money and keeping fit!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    How are you getting out of it early? I didn't see your name on the invite list.
    I suspect its a different meeting.... Unless you are working on a project in Austria....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    He will say he is ill then go round to sort your wife out.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    +1 although its probably only 2 hours in my case...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I've got a 3 hour meeting about to start...
    +1 although its probably only 2 hours in my case...

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    long story.....
    I've got a 3 hour meeting about to start...

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Must have a tape backups. They've taken PC on.
    Now I did do a gig a few years now where one of the tasks was swapping the tapes. It was a 3rd line role but low level - I was skint.

Took all afternoon mind. Had to walk around a big site (hospital). I didnt mind - get paid either way.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    What Oracle hardware went down?
    Why was there no backup if it was business critical?
    long story.....

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Are you asking for anything or just having a moan?
    Rhetorical.

Maybe a nice mod can move this where it belongs rather than in the Technical forum where it has no place.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Must have a tape backups. They've taken PC on.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Been going downhill since Sun days......

Fail to see how a system down and business affecting is not a priority 1. Seems pointless to pay for 4 hour response because they just make excuses like they can't get the part (not my problem).

Yesterday, they managed to send the completely wrong part (it wasnt even close) then moan and whine that they wouldn't be able to get the part delivered until Thursday. Not cool.
    In the end they did manage to send it by 2am - funny that!
    Are you asking for anything or just having a moan? Log it it and flog it to second line, no longer your problem. Easy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X