• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ever faked a Death in the Family to get out of a Contract?"

Collapse

• quackhandle
    replied
    Did his step brother own a sea canoe?

qh

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    Why even think of faking something like this? Just MTFU and bin the gig.

Even if there's no notice period on the contractor side I'm sure there's plenty of other thing to be done that will lead to the client ditching you...

Leave a comment:

• BigRed
    replied
    Don't need to really, I've got so many Aunts there's always one of them or their husbands popping their clogs or being rushed to hospital. I've reached the age where family get togethers are funerals, not weddings or christenings.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Every day I contract

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Has Anyone Ever Killed Anyone to Get Out of a Contract?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Why does the client want him back?

Is his agency silverlink?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    No no and no - man that's low. Wait until the day real grief strikes. You'll never pretend again.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Every time you post we do as well
    Well in your case I may up the posts a bit more then :-)

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Every day I contract I die a little more.
    Every time you post we do as well

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Every day I contract I die a little more.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Willy Win View Post
    A friend of mine (non-contractor) told me about a contractor where he works who rang into client telling him that his step brother had died and he wouldn't know when he woud be back in work. It was no secret that he was known by colleagues to hate the gig and would constantly complain about the travel. When he did not call our contact the client for over 2 weeks they asked for a death certificate as proof and became insistent that he come back soon to continue his contract which he had not long started. Personally, regardless of what a schmuck this guy has been and resorting to such desperate measures I didn't think the client could legally do this? Interested to hear other people's stories and have you done anything similar yourself to jump ship from a horror gig?
    I once paid to have the old man whacked to get out of a contract, but they ended up trafficking him to Turkmenistan. The good-for-nothing sod turned up on my doorstep five years later with a sheepish look on his face, a new gender and a number of 'social diseases'.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Can we move this to general please?

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied
    No, it's too much like crying wolf.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Better to fake your own death I would think.

Leave a comment:

• Ever faked a Death in the Family to get out of a Contract?

A friend of mine (non-contractor) told me about a contractor where he works who rang into client telling him that his step brother had died and he wouldn't know when he woud be back in work. It was no secret that he was known by colleagues to hate the gig and would constantly complain about the travel. When he did not call our contact the client for over 2 weeks they asked for a death certificate as proof and became insistent that he come back soon to continue his contract which he had not long started. Personally, regardless of what a schmuck this guy has been and resorting to such desperate measures I didn't think the client could legally do this? Interested to hear other people's stories and have you done anything similar yourself to jump ship from a horror gig?

Working...
X