• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Kicking off in London - again"

Collapse

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    I suspect whoever targeted the Finsbury Park mosque may have done it due to Abu Hamza al-Masri preaching bile out of there in the past.
    That does seem to be the approach the Mail was taking

Although they do seem to have changed their approach since...

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Here you go milan: Is London safe to visit? Statistics and official advice for travellers | The Independent

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Nope - I have no interest in rounding up people.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

As somebody who visits London once a year, why to take the risk ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    What like the British?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    I suspect whoever targeted the Finsbury Park mosque may have done it due to Abu Hamza al-Masri preaching bile out of there in the past.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I didn't know you were German.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Blimey, it's East Germany.
    I didn't know you were German.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    + UKIP and some Conservative MPs
    I bet he voted for Brexit
    Blimey, it's East Germany.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Hopefully soon they will start rounding up all known associates. A few thousand BNP/EDL or whatever they call themselves these days.
    + UKIP and some Conservative MPs
    I bet he voted for Brexit

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by edison View Post
    Don't be so fearful and let criminals and terrorists disrupt your life. I don't know how old you are but if you had been around in the 1970s - 1990s, presumably you would have been locked up in a bunker permanently as there were major terror attacks/bombings all across the UK, for example: .
    True... but being Scottish during that time was like wearing a 'can't touch me' shield. Of course today is different, so we set about them.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Now that the UK is free of EU red tape, you can enjoy the full organic experience.
    Orgasmic, surely..?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    I hope they have washing facilities...
    Now that the UK is free of EU red tape, you can enjoy the full organic experience.

Leave a comment:

• edison
    replied
    you know what folks, this aint going in a good direction

we have government which cannot govern

and we have civil war starting on the streets

deniers turn your heads away now, this is the beginning of civil war

Milan.
    to the armchair super hero's

let's not discredit and disrespect our fore fathers by comparing this to WWI or WWII, and let's not start a p!ssing contest to see who's recent ancestors contributed the most in the previous conflicts and who is toughest armchair hero amongst us in 2017

You need to make up your mind. You're saying a civil war is either starting or in progress whilst at the same time saying we shouldn't disrespect our ancestors by comparing recent events to WW1 or WW2. Both are ridiculous exaggerations.

It's been 3 months from the Westminster attack to the London Bridge attack. Around 35 people were killed. All very tragic events.

In roughly the same time, almost 1 million people were killed in civil unrest in Rwanda in 1994.

Political events seems challenging at the current time but don't talk rubbish about a 'civil war' in the UK.

Don't be so fearful and let criminals and terrorists disrupt your life. I don't know how old you are but if you had been around in the 1970s - 1990s, presumably you would have been locked up in a bunker permanently as there were major terror attacks/bombings all across the UK, for example:

London
    Birmingham
    Brighton
    Warrington
    Glasgow
    Manchester
    Liverpool
    Coventry
    Bristol
    Southampton

And even in fairly provincial areas/smaller towns and cities such as Guildford, St Albans, Bognor Regis, Deal, Shrewsbury and Lichfield.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    My daughters school trip to london today (and for next few days).

Thankfully the school were responsible enough not to have a knee jerk reaction and cancel the trip amidst screaming and wailing (and no doubt some fidget spinners)

I always worried that this type of thing would be an outcome of the recent terrorist activity - e.g. a violent reaction to some innocent people who happen to be Muslim.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X