• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kicking off in London - again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    But there must be a downside, surely...
    You're next in the queue after MF.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      You're next in the queue after MF.
      I hope they have washing facilities...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

My daughters school trip to london today (and for next few days).

Thankfully the school were responsible enough not to have a knee jerk reaction and cancel the trip amidst screaming and wailing (and no doubt some fidget spinners)

I always worried that this type of thing would be an outcome of the recent terrorist activity - e.g. a violent reaction to some innocent people who happen to be Muslim.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          you know what folks, this aint going in a good direction

we have government which cannot govern

and we have civil war starting on the streets

deniers turn your heads away now, this is the beginning of civil war

Milan.
          Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          to the armchair super hero's

let's not discredit and disrespect our fore fathers by comparing this to WWI or WWII, and let's not start a p!ssing contest to see who's recent ancestors contributed the most in the previous conflicts and who is toughest armchair hero amongst us in 2017

You need to make up your mind. You're saying a civil war is either starting or in progress whilst at the same time saying we shouldn't disrespect our ancestors by comparing recent events to WW1 or WW2. Both are ridiculous exaggerations.

It's been 3 months from the Westminster attack to the London Bridge attack. Around 35 people were killed. All very tragic events.

In roughly the same time, almost 1 million people were killed in civil unrest in Rwanda in 1994.

Political events seems challenging at the current time but don't talk rubbish about a 'civil war' in the UK.

Don't be so fearful and let criminals and terrorists disrupt your life. I don't know how old you are but if you had been around in the 1970s - 1990s, presumably you would have been locked up in a bunker permanently as there were major terror attacks/bombings all across the UK, for example:

London
          Birmingham
          Brighton
          Warrington
          Glasgow
          Manchester
          Liverpool
          Coventry
          Bristol
          Southampton

And even in fairly provincial areas/smaller towns and cities such as Guildford, St Albans, Bognor Regis, Deal, Shrewsbury and Lichfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            I hope they have washing facilities...
            Now that the UK is free of EU red tape, you can enjoy the full organic experience.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              Now that the UK is free of EU red tape, you can enjoy the full organic experience.
              Orgasmic, surely..?
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                Don't be so fearful and let criminals and terrorists disrupt your life. I don't know how old you are but if you had been around in the 1970s - 1990s, presumably you would have been locked up in a bunker permanently as there were major terror attacks/bombings all across the UK, for example: .
                True... but being Scottish during that time was like wearing a 'can't touch me' shield. Of course today is different, so we set about them.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Hopefully soon they will start rounding up all known associates. A few thousand BNP/EDL or whatever they call themselves these days.
                  + UKIP and some Conservative MPs
                  I bet he voted for Brexit
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    + UKIP and some Conservative MPs
                    I bet he voted for Brexit
                    Blimey, it's East Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                      Blimey, it's East Germany.
                      I didn't know you were German.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X