• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "DUP website is down"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    The DUP party view is that they don't believe in marriage eqality, so does Sharia Law

The DUP party view is that they don't believe in homosexuality, so does Sharia Law

The DUP party view is that they don't believe in abortion in the case of rape, so does Sharia Law

The DUP party view is that there should be mandatory prayer days, so does Sharia Law

The DUP party view (but only those of the Free Presbyterian Church) is that women should have head coverings, so does Sharia Law

The DUP party line is that blasphemy should be outlawed, so does Sharia Law

The DUP party view is that alcohol consumption should be restricted, so does Sharia Law

The DUP party view is that they don't believe in evolution, so does Sharia Law

The DUP party view is that line dancing is a sin, so does Sharia Law

The DUP party get very upset about symbols, so does Sharia Law

(the last two are frivolous, possibly)

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    We've soon no one else to blame, we're consuming ourselves into oblivion.
    Who is this "we", ya squareheaded sausage-muncher wannabe?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Although from 2013, this shows what May is getting into bed with: Former DUP council candidate sentenced to eight years for pipe-bomb attack on Polish neighbours - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Now she will have to give Farage a role: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/e...60684cc0603194 or nasty little tulip Banks will go nuclear
    Smacks of desperation. A last "twitch" of the Hard Brexit corpse. Confirms my view of the Tories being between a rock and a hard place. It will be fascinating to watch if they agree.

What it will do is to bolster Labour's chances.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I wonder will it be a Soft DUP or a Hard DUP?
    Hard DUP is a bit like UKIP, except replace the hatred of all Muslims with a hatred of all Roman Catholics.

If May can't negotiate a strong and stable deal with the DUP, what chance has she got with the EU?

But we're all going to be OK - Brexiters got us into this clusterfeck of a mess, they'll have a way out (probably involves blaming the EU, although I'm not sure "I blame the EU" is exactly a way to do business or run a country)
    Now she will have to give Farage a role: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/e...60684cc0603194 or nasty little tulip Banks will go nuclear

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    If May can't negotiate a strong and stable deal with the DUP, what chance has she got with the EU?

But we're all going to be OK - Brexiters got us into this clusterfeck of a mess, they'll have a way out (probably involves blaming the EU, although I'm not sure "I blame the EU" is exactly a way to do business or run a country)
    Incredible isn't it? UK influence is saturating whilst the EU gains a new strength of its own. We've soon no one else to blame, we're consuming ourselves into oblivion.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I wonder will it be a Soft DUP or a Hard DUP?
    Hard DUP is a bit like UKIP, except replace the hatred of all Muslims with a hatred of all Roman Catholics.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Sadly the poster has a date on it, which doesn't correlate with this election. It could be earlier locals, or a previous GE, but it smacks of desperation on your part. Hope you didn't spend too many hours trawling google to find it. That would be quite sad...

Edit: It's from 2010, the last time the 6th of May was on a Thursday. You really are quite a sad and twisted little cockwomble, aren't you.
    I knew that you ****tard, it was just to point out that DUP aren't all exactly Tory lovers. As it is, it looks like that the Tories are lying again, first stating that there has been a 'confidence and supply' agreement and not stating that in fact a final agreement has to be signed after the DUP lot said there wasn't. You love liars don't you?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Theresa May:

Sadly the poster has a date on it, which doesn't correlate with this election. It could be earlier locals, or a previous GE, but it smacks of desperation on your part. Hope you didn't spend too many hours trawling google to find it. That would be quite sad...

Edit: It's from 2010, the last time the 6th of May was on a Thursday. You really are quite a sad and twisted little cockwomble, aren't you.
    Last edited by Mordac; 10 June 2017, 20:57.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Oh, Theresa, caught between the devil and the DUP...
    Go on, fess up, did you nick that line or just spend hours on the bog perfecting it?

Leave a comment:

• No2politics
    replied
    https://youtu.be/QZOy87jBYMA

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    There's a suggestion that there may be a legal challenge available to prevent the DUP allying with the Tories - that under the Good Friday Agreement the UK government must remain neutral, particularly when there is a risk (as there is right now with no Executive Ministers appointed in Stormont) of Direct Rule.

Interesting times.....

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Theresa May:

Our two parties have enjoyed a strong relationship over many years, and this gives me the confidence to believe that we will be able to work together in the interests of the whole United Kingdom.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Oh, Theresa, caught between the devil and the DUP...

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    Indeed. But there is nothing new in that manifesto, really. It mostly tracks what they were saying 2 years ago when people thought they might be in the position they are now. This party changes very, very slowly, if at all. Anyone who has been watching them for years won't be surprised by anything in that manifesto. And the stuff about corporation tax, the triple lock, gay rights, abortion, and their views on Brexit and the border with the Republic have been reported on quite a bit in the last 24 hours or so. There's no need to make stuff up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X