• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Jeez - cost of kids parties!"

Collapse

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    According to the legend of mumsnet Mrs MF was spending the party money on drugs.
    For obvious reasons.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    What are you getting for £16 and is through a 3rd party or your wife's costings? Has she got her eye on a nice pair of shoes and is spending £2.50 per kid?
    According to the legend of mumsnet Mrs MF was spending the party money on drugs.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    What are you getting for £16 and is through a 3rd party or your wife's costings? Has she got her eye on a nice pair of shoes and is spending £2.50 per kid?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    "Bet there's not as much room as this place ..

2017-06-05 Astonishing Grade II-listed 18th century mansion tucked away behind streets of suburban semis goes on the market for just £350,000

(The article mentions the buyer would be obliged to do some renovation, but doesn't say how much this would be likely to cost.)"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLLQquBdU8M
    Hehe! Yes, sounds very likely.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    It's a bargain compared to the divorce.
    That's why I've told him to stay with her.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Fancy dress and muslinm kids. It hardly bears thinking about!
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    "Bet there's not as much room as this place ..

2017-06-05 Astonishing Grade II-listed 18th century mansion tucked away behind streets of suburban semis goes on the market for just £350,000

(The article mentions the buyer would be obliged to do some renovation, but doesn't say how much this would be likely to cost.)"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLLQquBdU8M

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Plenty of room in my Valleys mansion (that costs less than a bedsit in the tulipehole called london).
    Bet there's not as much room as this place ..

(The article mentions the buyer would be obliged to do some renovation, but doesn't say how much this would be likely to cost.)

Leave a comment:

• pr1
    replied
    If they reply day before it'll be "sorry - too late" or if they just turn up then they will be able to pay to get their child in (without food) - its a play centre.
    then they'll get in for about £3.50 each rather than the £16 you've paid

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    If he'd written 'Praise be to Allah' on the bottom of the invite it would have cost nowt
    Fancy dress and muslim kids. It hardly bears thinking about!

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    You are such a tight arse. Are you sure you're not from West Yorkshire ?
    If he'd written 'Praise be to Allah' on the bottom of the invite it would have cost nowt

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    £16 a head FFS. Wife organised it and briefly said she was going to invite all the kids in daughters class so no-one is left out. I was thinking 20 kids max with half of them not going.
    Theres 42 of them!

Not cheap. Told Mrs RSVP and no reply means not coming. I'm praying for a good few nos!

Remember when son was younger. Surely if you go to a party you but the kid a present? We always spend £10-£15 whenever daughter goes. I remember the number of people who strolled in with a 99p sticker still on the card. I did threaten to check presents at door with no present=no admission policy :-)

And dont get me started on those who say they're going then dont turn up - even though they know its cost you money.
    Tell them presents below the value of £16 will be rejected (as well as their child)

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Pah. Ive bet more

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I spent about £10K on my son's last party. But I guess that's on the cheap side for a wedding.
    It's a bargain compared to the divorce.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I spent about £10K on my son's last party. But I guess that's on the cheap side for a wedding.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    42 kids in class? Welcome to Corbynomics.
    It's expected that you invite the entire workhouse.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X