• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jeez - cost of kids parties!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    42 kids in class? Welcome to Corbynomics.
    It's expected that you invite the entire workhouse.

Comment

I spent about £10K on my son's last party. But I guess that's on the cheap side for a wedding.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I spent about £10K on my son's last party. But I guess that's on the cheap side for a wedding.
        It's a bargain compared to the divorce.

Comment

Pah. Ive bet more
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            £16 a head FFS. Wife organised it and briefly said she was going to invite all the kids in daughters class so no-one is left out. I was thinking 20 kids max with half of them not going.
            Theres 42 of them!

Not cheap. Told Mrs RSVP and no reply means not coming. I'm praying for a good few nos!

Remember when son was younger. Surely if you go to a party you but the kid a present? We always spend £10-£15 whenever daughter goes. I remember the number of people who strolled in with a 99p sticker still on the card. I did threaten to check presents at door with no present=no admission policy :-)

And dont get me started on those who say they're going then dont turn up - even though they know its cost you money.
            Tell them presents below the value of £16 will be rejected (as well as their child)

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              You are such a tight arse. Are you sure you're not from West Yorkshire ?
              If he'd written 'Praise be to Allah' on the bottom of the invite it would have cost nowt

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                If he'd written 'Praise be to Allah' on the bottom of the invite it would have cost nowt
                Fancy dress and muslim kids. It hardly bears thinking about!

Comment

If they reply day before it'll be "sorry - too late" or if they just turn up then they will be able to pay to get their child in (without food) - its a play centre.
                  then they'll get in for about £3.50 each rather than the £16 you've paid

Comment

Plenty of room in my Valleys mansion (that costs less than a bedsit in the tulipehole called london).
                    Bet there's not as much room as this place ..

2017-06-05 Astonishing Grade II-listed 18th century mansion tucked away behind streets of suburban semis goes on the market for just £350,000

(The article mentions the buyer would be obliged to do some renovation, but doesn't say how much this would be likely to cost.)
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

"Bet there's not as much room as this place ..

2017-06-05 Astonishing Grade II-listed 18th century mansion tucked away behind streets of suburban semis goes on the market for just £350,000

(The article mentions the buyer would be obliged to do some renovation, but doesn't say how much this would be likely to cost.)"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLLQquBdU8M

Comment

Working...
                      X