• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "More sick violence..."

Collapse

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    If you have to ask that...
    ... it's because he is thick as mice.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    How thick is mince?
    If you have to ask that...

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    How thick is mince?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    It's taken you this long to get to that conlcusion?
    You really are thick as mince
    It's taken you this long to get to that conlcusion [sic]?
    You really are thick as mince.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    Ha ha seriously, it's time to ask a Muslim. Ask them how they would feel about rewriting the Koran
    I didn't mention to rewrite anything.
    I think that some of you are trying to discuss the sex of the Angels and ignore the facts in History.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    There is always an origin, the Bible was written by man and they could be corrupt based on ideologists at the time, for the same reason why Christians today are modernising the church to suit in our society. I believe the same could happen to the Koran. If you look to the 10 Commandments there are differences between Christianity and Islam and I believe for the same reason.
    Ha ha seriously, it's time to ask a Muslim. Ask them how they would feel about rewriting the Koran

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    What "original" might that be? Of course, the different versions of the Bible are rather different translations. Where there can be debate is over textual variations - i.e. text differences between the source documents. Since the Bible is made up of many separate books and letters, there's also argument about what is scripture and what isn't.

Most Muslims hold to a myth that there are no, and never have been any, textual variations of the Koran. It is an article of faith. But they're true believers, so any counter evidence is ignored. See here for an example of this in action. quran separated in variant textual
    There is always an origin, the Bible was written by man and they could be corrupt based on ideologists at the time, for the same reason why Christians today are modernising the church to suit in our society. I believe the same could happen to the Koran. If you look to the 10 Commandments there are differences between Christianity and Islam and I believe for the same reason.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

It's taken you this long to get to that conlcusion?
    You really are thick as mince

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    As a concept yes, it's central to Islam, the mother of all books theme - infallible and transcends time. There are many interpretations - most depending on the steer given by the Hadiths. I know you're of low IQ but atleast try and understand the arguments I'm making. I myself don't believe this, it's prescribed by Islam itself.
    But there are different versions with different texts. Which is different from saying that there is only one version. I know I've had to say it a few times in slightly different ways, but you must be getting it by now.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Of course. And the fact that he's branding everyone who posts, regardless of what they say, or their political/ideological mindset) as ignorant, stupid, delinquent, illogical etc. is classic troll stuff. I think he must be very bored.
    Train journey is pretty boring so exposing idiots in topics they clearly have little understanding of is better than nowt!

Check my initial posts in this thread, note the personal attacks. As a mod you might want to get your house in order rather than protecting the local "thick clique".

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenBastard
    replied
    I see, so there is only one version ideologically, but multiple versions textually.

As a concept yes, it's central to Islam, the mother of all books theme - infallible and transcends time. There are many interpretations - most depending on the steer given by the Hadiths. I know you're of low IQ but atleast try and understand the arguments I'm making. I myself don't believe this, it's prescribed by Islam itself.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Can't you ban posters for trolling?
    Of course. And the fact that he's branding everyone who posts, regardless of what they say, or their political/ideological mindset) as ignorant, stupid, delinquent, illogical etc. is classic troll stuff. I think he must be very bored.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    If your qualifier is the Koran in different languages (some hard liners would state the only the Arabic version is valid) - then yes. Ideologically, no.

Are there different versions of the US Constitution? The Spanish and English versions are different, correct? This is just to highlight how futile and pointless your argument is, in an attempt to appear knowledgeable on a subject matter you know little about.
    I see, so there is only one version ideologically, but multiple versions textually.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    That it took you several hours of dishing out abuse but refusing to answer a simple question.

Next simple question:
    What are the 5 pillars of Islam?
    Sorry bruv, woz arguing with idiots.

Google it, then get to your point.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenBastard
    replied
    So is there more than one version of the Koran? Or is there a single version which is not always the same?

I think you're using the word 'delinquent' to cover up your argumentative failure.
    If your qualifier is the Koran in different languages (some hard liners would state the only the Arabic version is valid) - then yes. Ideologically, no.

Are there different versions of the US Constitution? The Spanish and English versions are different, correct? This is just to highlight how futile and pointless your argument is, in an attempt to appear knowledgeable on a subject matter you know little about.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X