• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Teresa May - Thick as mince"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Compare & contrast

AssSnob a saddo whose spouse pays the mortgage while he sits at home with his crayons after a fairly soft life going to public school & then a Russell group UNI. Who spends most of the day posting on CUK how he is considerably richer /cleverer than the other posters many of whom went to comprehensives and have a larger pot than him.

Theresa May went to a comprehensive, won a grammar school place and then a place at Oxford, she is now the leader of the UK government and is steering the world as one of the top twenty politicians.

Dear reader who do you think is as thick as mince? explain your reasons.
    Oh dear
    Don't you think you should be re-skilling/re-training in prep for the Brexit downturn rather than wasting time posting bollux on here?
    Or is the reason you don't because deep down you feel a turd can't be polished?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    She's generally what is referred to as "best of a bad lot". That doesn't mean she should be running the country, of course, but we've little option. That said, people voted for Blair in their droves.
    unfortunately so, but just imagine AssSnob in charge. He would have us servicing the EU dignataries 3 at a time to make them happy.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    She's generally what is referred to as "best of a bad lot". That doesn't mean she should be running the country, of course, but we've little option. That said, people voted for Blair in their droves.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    ...and if held after 18 months under a "Landslide" Tory government that won't quake every time a Scottish MP raises his head above the parapet because of their tiny majority.

Quite different I think, especially when the "Brexit" recession kicks in.

You will be putting the farm on your predictions.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    ...and if held after 18 months under a "Landslide" Tory government that won't quake every time a Scottish MP raises his head above the parapet because of their tiny majority.

Quite different I think, especially when the "Brexit" recession kicks in.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Compare & contrast

AssSnob a saddo whose spouse pays the mortgage while he sits at home with his crayons after a fairly soft life going to public school & then a Russell group UNI. Who spends most of the day posting on CUK how he is considerably richer /cleverer than the other posters many of whom went to comprehensives and have a larger pot than him.

Theresa May went to a comprehensive, won a grammar school place and then a place at Oxford, she is now the leader of the UK government and is steering the world as one of the top twenty politicians.

Dear reader who do you think is as thick as mince? explain your reasons.
    Last edited by vetran; 4 May 2017, 09:35.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    If the Tories get a landslide, looks like Scotland will be buggering off.

Poll shows most Scots would prefer independence in Europe rather than face Tory rule in UK after Brexit - Daily Record

It will be interesting.

Calm down dear boy. I'll stick with the What Scotland Thinks review of all polls:

How would you vote in a Scottish independence referendum if held now? (asked after the EU referendum) - What Scotland Thinks

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    If the Tories get a landslide, looks like Scotland will be buggering off.

Poll shows most Scots would prefer independence in Europe rather than face Tory rule in UK after Brexit - Daily Record

It will be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Another link to an Indy article. Today has shown a pattern emerge as to the kind of article that news outlet is authoring. .
    What pattern is that? Any lies in that article aka the Daily Fail or Daily Express? Given that all the press are reporting the same thing I don't think they've made it up.

For an example of blatant factual lies see this article.

Britain now producing MORE cars than Germany: How the UK has become the car production capital of Europe | Daily Mail Online

For the benefit of the intellectually challenged it's completely untrue. Here's the actual numbers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...cle_production

Is it any wonder that Brexiters have completely the wrong impression of the strength of the UK economy when they're fed complete lies every day?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Another link to an Indy article. Today has shown a pattern emerge as to the kind of article that news outlet is authoring. I said earlier that it could be that the Juncker comments were spin from the EU to try and affect the election. TM PM called me personally early this afternoon as she is an avid CUK reader and I suggested she gave a press conference to stick it back to them and boost her popularity with the proles. She went for it. Which was nice.
    Does she post as suity?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    TM PM called me personally early this afternoon
    I'm surprised she talked to you without getting my permission first. Maybe she called me when I was busy advising Donald Trump.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Another link to an Indy article. Today has shown a pattern emerge as to the kind of article that news outlet is authoring. I said earlier that it could be that the Juncker comments were spin from the EU to try and affect the election. TM PM called me personally early this afternoon as she is an avid CUK reader and I suggested she gave a press conference to stick it back to them and boost her popularity with the proles. She went for it. Which was nice.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Well this thread is looking a lot more prescient given her press conference today. Even if her allegations were true, which they're not, handbags at dawn shouldn't be the way to deal with it. Completely unstatesmanlike and unintelligent. Maybe she's got some hints from CUK.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    NR: "Do you believe they are true"
    AR: "Well I don't know, Nick"

And the Indy bag that up as "Home Secretary Amber Rudd admits leaked account of EU's 'disastrous dinner' with Theresa May could be accurate" - have you listed to the clip? This is the problem with journalism today and people taking things at the face value of the headline and reading into it what they want to hear. I hear something completely differed to "could be accurate" I hear "I don't know and this isn't how we expect to handle negotiations."
    Seems no-one is actually denying it though, even Davis is admitting that there was a leak but not that the facts are untrue and May herself is not too sure what the hell happened. No-one who was at the meeting has said that it was a load of old bollocks, more that it was a leak of what went on. If it was all bollocks then why doesn't someone who was there categorically say so?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Theresa May loses it

...oh dear we have a blubbering humiliated Prime Minister in the making.

She's showing signs of "Trump".

FFS Knew it. The woman is as mad as Blair - it's the mad staring eyes they both share that gives it away.

Anyway, anyone would think the Tories want to pull out without a deal. Qu'elle surprise.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X