• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Any new rules coming into force on April 6?"

Collapse

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    PS changes is the main thing that is imminent, and if you're likely to be working in the PS, you need to know about.

Over the last few years -

Dividend tax.

RTI reporting.

Agency reporting regulations.
    Yep. I always maxed out my divis up to the upper threshold meaning I never had anything to pay on Jan 31.

Now I will have a £2k+ bill to look forward to paying every year just after Christmas.

As if January isn't depressing enough as it is....

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    I hear public sector is the place to go. Loads of roles due to come live so should be easy to get a new gig.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    From April 6 asking a stupid question in CUK General will be punishable by a ban.

You've heard it on here first...

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Avoid Pubic Sector gigs, change to standard VAT.

That's about it.

Good luck.

qh

Leave a comment:

• mickey
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You are too kind - remember this is General and the poster has put a similar post in the professional forums.
    Did he?

Leave a comment:

• mickey
    replied
    PS changes is the main thing that is imminent, and if you're likely to be working in the PS, you need to know about.

Dividend tax.

RTI reporting.

Thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Dividend tax.

RTI reporting.

You are too kind - remember this is General and the poster has put a similar post in the professional forums.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Dividend tax.

RTI reporting.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by mickey View Post
    Looking to go back contracting (despite contractor mates going permie anticipating the fallout from Brexit).

Any new rules coming into force from April 6 that affect IR35 status or limited companies otherwise?

Buy-to-lets and pensions are getting hit harder. I would be surprised the government decided to spare the contractors.
    There is some sort of VAT FRS change coming in round about April.

(Ps - what fallout ??)

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Let me clarify. "Returning to contracting" implies I am familiar with IR35 as of a few years ago. Any dramatic changes since then, as in mandatory self-declarations and external audits and sorts?
    If that's not a dramatic change I'm not sure what is. Sorry for trying to help.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Let me clarify. "Returning to contracting" implies I am familiar with IR35 as of a few years ago. Any dramatic changes since then, as in mandatory self-declarations and external audits and sorts?
    Have you ever licked the chutney spoon and put it back in?

Leave a comment:

• mickey
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Have a look in the Public sector IR35 forum. Plenty to digest in there for starters.

Leave a comment:

• mickey
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Yes
    Useful

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Have a look in the Public sector IR35 forum. Plenty to digest in there for starters.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Looking to go back contracting (despite contractor mates going permie anticipating the fallout from Brexit).

Any new rules coming into force from April 6 that affect IR35 status or limited companies otherwise?

Buy-to-lets and pensions are getting hit harder. I would be surprised the government decided to spare the contractors.
    Yes

Leave a comment:

Working...
X