• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Passport has to be shown to get work-how many times ! and costs each time"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    What were you all doing on Friday night? Was it "ketchup bottle" Friday?

We were celebrating...
    NAT had passed a dope test
    Cojak had been given a little extra from admin on top of her weekly invoice
    And I was preparing myself for abuse on Saturday evening by putting away black velvets like they were about to be taxed.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Eng59 View Post
    So glad everyone had an amusing Friday evening posting not very helpful information....

So thanks...
    When you sign up for an internet forum:
    1. Read the information for each section indicating what sort of topics are posted there.

2. Read a random selection of posts to work out where what you want to ask would fit.

3. Then post. Don't presume something is what you think it is.

Your question to myself and others didn't look serious. After all why would any individual in the UK, or even anywhere in Europe, complain about people who want to give them legal work checking if they have a right to work in that country?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    That's what happen when you ask a serious question in General and the mods aren't around to move it to a Professional forum.
    I assumed it had been in professional. And the mods had realized it was a stupid question and thrown the OP to general for some fresh meat.

What were you all doing on Friday night? Was it "ketchup bottle" Friday?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I was recently asked to privide a passport with it certified. Which was done on my visit to NLyUK. For an extra 10p she will sign anything. I suppose it is an extra 10%.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    1995 was an easy year. rates going up. You should have tried it in late eighties/early nineties - recession times. They were properly tough.

The whipper snappers today don't know how easy they have it.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    So glad everyone had an amusing Friday evening posting not very helpful information....

So thanks...
    That's what happen when you ask a serious question in General and the mods aren't around to move it to a Professional forum.

Leave a comment:

• Eng59
    replied
    Thanks for nothing

So thanks...

All

When I started contracting back in 1995 things were alot easier with proving who you were.

I am returning to the contract life after a short spell as permie,and the amount of time/costs incurred for

showing your passport in person to

A> Agency

and now

B>Umbrella company

Why on earth the agency cant share the 'yes its him on the passport' with the umbrella company ?

So ,I spent money on train fares to the agency for a 10 min visit and now an umbrella company want me to visit them {car costs-fuel/parking} for another 10 mins to prove who I am.

Surely a scan of the passport and confirmation from the agency should suffice ?

Another umbrella company were also contacted,and they said a scan of passport was fine,but they dont have a great rep on here.....

Anyone else found this ?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Never been an issue for Sue Ellen.
    But then I'm a British citizen and when they credit check me I have no crap on my file.

Plus they never look that low.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Have you not got a fairly unique tattoo, disability, or natural distinguishing mark?

If not, maybe have your bell end inked or some kind of metal attachment?

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Do you have a beard? That's probably it.
    Never been an issue for Sue Ellen.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Why on earth the agency cant share the 'yes its him on the passport' with the umbrella company ?
    Seriously? Why do you think?

Apart from being able to work it out there are plenty of laws around it now.

Hard life this contracting lark isn't it.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Sadly, there is a cost in getting Contracts. It's part of being "in business", tho shortly the Chancellor and his merry band of nitwits are going to be looking at their arses...

Leave a comment:

• SandyD
    replied
    Things changed, now some agencies are not allowed to submit your CV to client before meeting candidate in person and confirming their ID - not all but some signed up such confirmation and demands with clients (usually IBs)
    Please remember the law now even forces landlords to ensure their tenants have legal status in the UK before renting to them, i.e. doing the government job to ensure people have legal status... when you see new Know your Clients / Employees regulations, you'll know its what's required now....
    PIA ...
    Surprisingly, in Europe things are a lot easier going !!! Non of these demands demands !

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    All

When I started contracting back in 1995.. [snipped the life story from such a youngster to The Game..]
    Do you have a beard? That's probably it.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    All

When I started contracting back in 1995 things were alot easier with proving who you were.

I am returning to the contract life after a short spell as permie,and the amount of time/costs incurred for

showing your passport in person to

A> Agency

and now

B>Umbrella company

So ,I spent money on train fares to the agency for a 10 min visit and now an umbrella company want me to visit them {car costs-fuel/parking} for another 10 mins to prove who I am.

Surely a scan of the passport and confirmation from the agency should suffice ?

Another umbrella company were also contacted,and they said a scan of passport was fine,but they dont have a great rep on here.....

Anyone else found this ?

Thanks
    I've hired a look-a-likey. Anything requiring identification or travel I just send woohoo 2.0. Team meetings,go-live, crap holidays I just send woohoo 2.0.

I'm thinking of setting up plan b based on look a likes. If you would like to be my first customer I just need to see your passport, license and a recent utility bill, sorry scanned copies won't do.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X