• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Is this the tool

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is this the tool"

Collapse

• administrator
    replied
    There are enough threads about the online tool already, no point having another.

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Just have to get the client to do it as been said many times.
    Hold on , it says outside , doesnt it? Why doesn't it simply say you are in IR35 or not ? Why does it say i should be taxed as employee if i'm outside....
    Who programs and writes that tulip

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    Says i'm inside

... Right?
    Just have to get the client to do it as been said many times.

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Says i'm inside
    Please print a copy for your records.

Based on the information you’ve given the working practices of this engagement fall outside the scope of the intermediaries legislation.

The worker should pay tax and National Insurance as a self-employed person.

You should reassess the status of the role if there are changes to the engagement or the way the work is done.

You should now do the following:
    If you’re the worker you should be paid a gross amount and follow this guidance about your taxes.

If you’re the fee payer you can pay this worker a gross amount without deducting tax or National Insurance.
    ... Right?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Might be worth going to the link teapot posted rather than starting a 3rd discussion in a thread that's in General.

But quickly..

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    Has anyone gone through it as the "End Client" and figured out the answers to obtain the best result ( for the "worker" )?
    Why would you do that? That's not going through it as the end client. It's their risk they are covering so why make up answers to suit the worker. I do worry of agents run it. On behalf of the client thr same will happen.

I answered some it as keeping in mind a couple of my contracts in the past and got :

"Unable to determine the tax status of this engagement"
    Then you are f**ked.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 3 March 2017, 09:22.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    Has anyone gone through it as the "End Client" and figured out the answers to obtain the best result ( for the "worker" )?

I answered some it as keeping in mind a couple of my contracts in the past and got :

"Unable to determine the tax status of this engagement"

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    You are asking which is the the tool on CUK? Take your pick, there is plenty of them.
    You are just jealous because your missus has handled most of the tools on this site, frequently all at one time.

As usual its just like the BBC licence police its intimidation & fear to make people pay up. Some people should but some shouldn't and are harassed.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    You are asking which is the the tool on CUK? Take your pick, there is plenty of them.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Not read the other thread.

'The worker' FFS. Everyone else is given a nice professional stance. This should change to the 'Director' when they know you're working through a ltd co. as it's a legally binding position.

How much taxpayer cash was wasted on that effort then? I feel an FOI request coming on.
    Not everyone is a director, and not everyone will engage through a PSC as the question "How does the worker provide their services to the end client?" asks

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Not read the other thread.

'The worker' FFS. Everyone else is given a nice professional stance. This should change to the 'Director' when they know you're working through a ltd co. as it's a legally binding position.

How much taxpayer cash was wasted on that effort then? I feel an FOI request coming on.
    Last edited by NigelJK; 3 March 2017, 08:58.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I thought you'd found a photo of sasguru when I read the thread title.

Leave a comment:

• teapot418
    replied
    Yes.

More discussion here

http://forums.contractoruk.com/publi...on-tool-5.html

Leave a comment:

• rsingh
    started a topic Is this the tool

Is this the tool

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/check...-for-tax/setup

Working...