• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Skynet boom

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Skynet boom"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    "…a bride-to-be who was crushed to death by a robot just two weeks before she was due to marry the love of her life" - clearly much worse than if she was months away from marrying somebody about whom she was fairly indifferent.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Just got my first paid gig in machine learning. Looking at the application of clustering algorithms to a usage dataset.

I better order that book off Amazon.
    Another nail in the coffin of contracting. Some idiot bluffer without a clue creating havoc for a real qualified data scientist to unravel at the clients expense.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    We should be worried. Only a matter of time months even before these things are weaponised and dropped into conflict zones. Nottingham for example.
    Please don't drag us all down to the level of yourself, a gibbering, dribbling, obviously "touched" human curiosity

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    We should be worried. Only a matter of time months even before these things are weaponised and dropped into conflict zones. Nottingham for example.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Yes, but what can you possibly hope to teach it
    He's from Barnsley - he can teach it to be very aggressive to anyone it thinks is looking at it's pint/bird.
    Hacked robots could attack humans, burgle people’s homes and KILL their pets, experts warn - The Sun

ROBOTS will soon be cleaning our homes, performing surgery and even building skyscrapers.

But a top security firm claims that robots – including those currently on the market – could attack humans, burgle homes and wreak havoc on a factory floor.

There have already been serious accidents including a bride-to-be who was crushed to death by a robot just two weeks before she was due to marry the love of her life.

A robot cannon also killed nine soldiers and seriously injured 14 others during a US military exercise in 2007.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    Skynet!!!

Is this related to the Judgement Day? if yes, you should be Terminated.

Admin, a call for you please...

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Just got my first paid gig in machine learning. Looking at the application of clustering algorithms to a usage dataset.

Skynet!!!

Is this related to the Judgement Day? if yes, you should be Terminated.

Admin, a call for you please...

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ynet-puff.html

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    congrats

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    He's from Barnsley - he can teach it to be very aggressive to anyone it thinks is looking at it's pint/bird.
    NAT?

Na, comes across like a big girls blouse

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Have a big too, anyway...

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    started a topic Skynet boom

Skynet boom

Working...
X