• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bloomin hell that's higher than I thought"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    ...You may believe I'm wrong but you may not attack my morals or intelligence...
    I'm really sorry - but this is general. We really really may attack your morals and your intelligence. But take comfort - I think your morals are, from what you write, probably ok.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I think you'll find my comment was an observation - I'm fine with what bigot means but you're clearly struggling. Here's a clue - it doesn't mean racist.

You've not been drinking again have you?
    Yes, bigot is one of a long list of words that don't mean racist. Including other words such as nationalist and xenophobe.

How you think that suggesting someone is trolling is bigoted while claiming to take the intellectual high ground is quite astonishing. There are several bigots in this forum, most of them are your little pals HTH

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Flashman View Post
    Wouldn't bother too argue with the lefties on here.

Most of them would quite willingly employ the poor unfortunates on below minimum wage as cleaners , au pairs , etc.

Vote Labour, darling , simply marvellous !
    I don't employ anyone - too mean.

Plus all the cleaners around here charge more than minimum wage. In fact you are better of being a cleaner than a pizza delivery person as the wages are higher.

Also haven't voted Labour for years. No point where I live.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    So if I don't agree with the assumption we should allow most of the world to move here because a minority of them may be escaping persecution I'm some racist right wing thicko? This because Mr Ass & co think I'm wrong.

I'm all for creating safe areas from them, feeding them and helping them,when its safe for them to return then we should help them rebuild. I don't believe opening our doors without any knowledge of who or what they are.

We can make far more difference by supporting them closer to to home. If you see the really effective aid its done in country or close by.

You may believe I'm wrong but you may not attack my morals or intelligence. I have produced a number of intelligent sources that suggest we are dealing with the crisis incorrectly, all you seem to be able to produce is a an emotional judgement and insults without any type of evidence.

So if you can't produce any sensible argument STFU please.
    You'd better hope that your children are allowed to migrate for economic reasons. They'll want to, and probably need to

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied
    with an average annual Syrian wage of US$ 3,662 it might take a while to find the $10k they need.

Afghanistan average yearly wage - US$ 274 - well.

Irag might have a chance US$ 15,258.

Apparently they promise the future earnings of the migrant to pay off the debt or the sister ends up in a Brothel.

sick yes, green no.
    Wouldn't bother too argue with the lefties on here.

Most of them would quite willingly employ the poor unfortunates on below minimum wage as cleaners , au pairs , etc.

Vote Labour, darling , simply marvellous !

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    So if I don't agree with the assumption we should allow most of the world to move here because a minority of them may be escaping persecution I'm some racist right wing thicko? This because Mr Ass & co think I'm wrong.

I'm all for creating safe areas from them, feeding them and helping them,when its safe for them to return then we should help them rebuild. I don't believe opening our doors without any knowledge of who or what they are.

We can make far more difference by supporting them closer to to home. If you see the really effective aid its done in country or close by.

You may believe I'm wrong but you may not attack my morals or intelligence. I have produced a number of intelligent sources that suggest we are dealing with the crisis incorrectly, all you seem to be able to produce is a an emotional judgement and insults without any type of evidence.

So if you can't produce any sensible argument STFU please.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That seems a rather bigoted comment (you might want to look up the word before using it). Still it's nice of you to wade in and defend him. The fact is, he's become progressively more vociferously right-wing over the last 6 or so months and I genuinely wonder if it's a deliberate ploy similar to FA's.
    I think you'll find my comment was an observation - I'm fine with what bigot means but you're clearly struggling. Here's a clue - it doesn't mean racist.

You've not been drinking again have you?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    vetran (sic) and his acolytes LondonManc, GB9, OriginalPM etc just come across as thick as mince.
    Not the cream of the contractor crop for sure
    Ah, in wades the special one from the shallow end of the gene pool, laughing at his own jokes again. Bless. Run along, you've got a window to lick somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

But Vetran has two saving graces GB9, OriginalPM, LondonManc et al. lack: he appears to be a decent chap underneath it all, and he has a sense of humour.
    I think he's going through a psychological change due to realising he and his fellow Brexiters have ****ed up the country. It's quite common in the literature: cognitive dissonance causing a doubling down on the initial mistake in an ultimately futile attempt to be proved right.
    Last edited by sasguru; 27 February 2017, 18:51.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I'm not sure if that's an improvement on NAT thinking he's either an ignoramus or a thicko ...
    I'm going for both.

But Vetran has two saving graces GB9, OriginalPM, LondonManc et al. lack: he appears to be a decent chap underneath it all, and he has a sense of humour.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    vetran (sic) and his acolytes LondonManc, GB9, OriginalPM etc
    Ouch that's like accusing someone of being mates with Farage.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    vetran (sic) and his acolytes LondonManc, GB9, OriginalPM etc just come across as thick as mince.
    Not the cream of the contractor crop for sure

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    That seems a rather bigoted comment (you might want to look up the word before using it). Still it's nice of you to wade in and defend him. The fact is, he's become progressively more vociferously right-wing over the last 6 or so months and I genuinely wonder if it's a deliberate ploy similar to FA's.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I'm slowly leaning to the idea Vetran is trying to fill the gap in the obnoxious right-wing posting segment left by FullyAutomatrix's Corbyn-trolling. Either that or he's been radicalised by the Daily Mail over the last few months.
    I'm not sure if that's an improvement on NAT thinking he's either an ignoramus or a thicko - either way, it paints you both as wonderful bigots. Do carry on, this is entertaining.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I don't think you're being deliberately disingenuous... at least I hope you're not, and it's just you being a bit hard-of-thinking.
    I'm slowly leaning to the idea Vetran is trying to fill the gap in the obnoxious right-wing posting segment left by FullyAutomatrix's Corbyn-trolling. Either that or he's been radicalised by the Daily Mail over the last few months.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X