• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Deferring/delaying SDLT as a cheap loan?"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by chopper View Post
    They do when they're trying to buy a house they can't afford.

Credit cards and loans will, of course, affect mortgage affordability.
    You buy the house first then if you need to buy a car, because yours is soo broken it can't be repaired, you use a credit card/loan.

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    People have to use credit cards and loans to buy cars????
    They do when they're trying to buy a house they can't afford.

Credit cards and loans will, of course, affect mortgage affordability.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Some people choose to even if they don't need to.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I would take out the money and if you need to buy a car etc use a credit card/loan. .

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    We think this is 'the' house otherwise we wouldn't be looking until we had all the funds in place... it's pretty unique.
    I would take out the money and if you need to buy a car etc use a credit card/loan.

I did wonder that too. Conveyancing quotes include the SDLT and I know they expect to pay the SDLT for you on completion but I do not know if they would countenance letting you be responsible or not.
    I remember I had to pay everything including stamp duty to their client account BEFORE contracts where exchanged. They then screwed up by not informing the land registry until I noticed a few months later.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by chopper View Post
    Cheaper house? (£20k SDLT = £600k house)

Defer purchase until you actually have the money?.
    We think this is 'the' house otherwise we wouldn't be looking until we had all the funds in place... it's pretty unique.

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Would the solicitor go ahead with completion if he did not have the funds in place?
    I did wonder that too. Conveyancing quotes include the SDLT and I know they expect to pay the SDLT for you on completion but I do not know if they would countenance letting you be responsible or not.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Would the solicitor go ahead with completion if he did not have the funds in place?

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    Cheaper house? (£20k SDLT = £600k house)

Defer purchase until you actually have the money?

I don't think your convenyancer will give you the option to not pay them the SDLT before completion.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Director's loan, surely?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Have a look at a p2p loan like Zopa?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Have you asked your accountant?

About buying a house? That's for my financial advisor

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Lowest loan rates I've seen at the moment are around 3%. Seen similar advertised for credit card transfers.
    I was checking my accounts and noticed similar so barring issues maxing out credit(?) this seems the better route.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Lowest loan rates I've seen at the moment are around 3%. Seen similar advertised for credit card transfers.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    That's my question... is deliberately paying late at the cost of the interest avoiding tax, or simply using the system legitimately? If you pay your corporation tax late you're not breaking the law, you're just paying late and are charged interest in a similar fashion.
    Have you asked your accountant?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Tax evasion surely?
    That's my question... is deliberately paying late at the cost of the interest avoiding tax, or simply using the system legitimately? If you pay your corporation tax late you're not breaking the law, you're just paying late and are charged interest in a similar fashion.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Why don't you pay it on a credit card balance transfer or a personal loan which you can repay early???
    This is the obvious answer but a)I've no idea if the loan rates are comparable b)I worry that I wouldn't get the loan if I already borrowed a maximal mortgage or the mortgage lender would offer less if I have existing loans.

It's a nicer way of doing it if it doesn't have such potential issues?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I did find this: Struggling with stamp duty? You can delay it - AOL Money UK

But I'm not sure that is correct, you can file the paperwork late for a capped fee but I thought the interest would apply from the date you should have registered it, as well?
    Why don't you pay it on a credit card balance transfer or a personal loan which you can repay early???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X