• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "So Brexit is a done deal, how are you going to cope?"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I didn't - but that option will only be available to the very best, post Brexit.
    So that would be why you discounted it from YOUR options.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by europetractor View Post
    I have started learning German and will continue to do so.

I have learned that the best thing the UK has to offer is its Language which allows alternative opinions considering there are so many people globally speaking it vs more local languages even German which turn out to be very local culture specific with very narrow mainstream media sourced opinions and thoughts. Basically a hit on my intelligence.

So yes the Language is the biggest asset but now the UK is not EU. It is like Canada or Australia.. Mhee
    Feck off.

Leave a comment:

• europetractor
    replied
    I have started learning German and will continue to do so.

I have learned that the best thing the UK has to offer is its Language which allows alternative opinions considering there are so many people globally speaking it vs more local languages even German which turn out to be very local culture specific with very narrow mainstream media sourced opinions and thoughts. Basically a hit on my intelligence.

So yes the Language is the biggest asset but now the UK is not EU. It is like Canada or Australia.. Mhee

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    However, I think it's quite clear from the response to May's speech (largest one day rise in Cable since 2008) that some form of hard-Brexit is baked in and that Sterling is now range-bound to slightly positive until one of us turns out to be correct.
    Can you say that again in English please?

TIA

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Yeah because the UK is a strong and viable economy that hasn't relied on QE and record borrowing at all, and is renowned for its export prowess, high productivity, excellent education of the masses and gigantic surpluses. And is about to gain a massive trading partner.

I can sense your skepticism

However, I think it's quite clear from the response to May's speech (largest one day rise in Cable since 2008) that some form of hard-Brexit is baked in and that Sterling is now range-bound to slightly positive until one of us turns out to be correct.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    I'm starting to realise why some of you Remnants voted Remain. You're nuts!
    You're just thick.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Sterling has a lot of negativity baked in at this point, so the upside is far greater than the downside...

Yeah because the UK is a strong and viable economy that hasn't relied on QE and record borrowing at all, and is renowned for its export prowess, high productivity, excellent education of the masses and gigantic surpluses. And is about to gain a massive trading partner.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    You forgot the option leave the UK
    I didn't - but that option will only be available to the very best, post Brexit.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    It's going to depend on the GOP's Border Adjusted Tax (BAT) plan vs. targeted import tariffs (Trump's preference). If they push through the BAT then, in theory, the USD will appreciate massively, by around 15-20% (i.e. about as much as the CT cut). At the same time, the markets are increasingly worried by Trump's rhetoric. He clearly hasn't calmed down, post election.

The Euro looks over-valued to me, even against Sterling Sterling has a lot of negativity baked in at this point, so the upside is far greater than the downside, but there's clearly some downside in a WTO scenario (1.05-1.1 vs. USD IMO).
    He is so special.

1. He is a joke candidate
    2. He will calm down when he wins the nomination
    3. He will calm down now he has won the election
    4. He will calm down when he is inaugurated
    5. Oh dear (TM)

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I'm starting to realise why some of you Remnants voted Remain. Your nuts!
    That's right. We've got balls unlike you brexit wusses.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Not sure about the "Trump" affect on the dollar, the Euro currently looks undervalued with respect to both. Investors seem to be overestimating the possibility of Frexit and Italexit. Ain't going to happen.
    It's going to depend on the GOP's Border Adjusted Tax (BAT) plan vs. targeted import tariffs (Trump's preference). If they push through the BAT then, in theory, the USD will appreciate massively, by around 15-20% (i.e. about as much as the CT cut). At the same time, the markets are increasingly worried by Trump's rhetoric. He clearly hasn't calmed down, post election.

The Euro looks over-valued to me, even against Sterling Sterling has a lot of negativity baked in at this point, so the upside is far greater than the downside, but there's clearly some downside in a WTO scenario (1.05-1.1 vs. USD IMO).

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    We were saying that about Brexit quite recently. And now there's precedent been set!
    You might have been

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    There are two kinds of nuts my friends...

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Ain't going to happen.
    We were saying that about Brexit quite recently. And now there's precedent been set!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X