• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Last quiz of 2016

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Last quiz of 2016"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    64%

Remember kids, only ever dring free champagne and pay for everything using reward cards.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Must have been a good skip....

In my area people frequently leave stuff in their front garden with a sign saying "please take".

Not seen anything I've wanted yet.
    If they change the sign from "please take" to "for sale" it will all go in a matter of minutes/

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    sod that I saved myself a few hundred quid from a skip whilst on my highest rate.
    Must have been a good skip....

In my area people frequently leave stuff in their front garden with a sign saying "please take".

Not seen anything I've wanted yet.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    There is no timescale on the quiz

"Have you ever"

When I was 8 I rescued a biscuit tin from a skip and presented it to my mother. It would probably be worth a fortune on antiques roadshow today.

I have also reused teabags when run out and too hungover to walk to the shop.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    So you were never young, broke and not living with mum and dad?

Some of the questions said have you "ever" and some of us have rescued furniture from skips as these where the days before freecycle, freegle, ebay, Facebook and Gumtree.
    sod that I saved myself a few hundred quid from a skip whilst on my highest rate.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    0% tight.

I can't believe any of you have done anything on that list. You're clearly not cut out to be contractors.
    So you were never young, broke and not living with mum and dad?

Some of the questions said have you "ever" and some of us have rescued furniture from skips as these where the days before freecycle, freegle, ebay, Facebook and Gumtree.

Leave a comment:

• Pip in a Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I don't need a quiz for that! 99.9% tight.

PS What????? Only 25% tight? I don't believe it. They are asking the wrong questions.
    There's a big difference between being tight and being cheap :

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I don't need a quiz for that! 99.9% tight.

PS What????? Only 25% tight? I don't believe it. They are asking the wrong questions.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 29 December 2016, 20:00.

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    0% tight.

I can't believe any of you have done anything on that list. You're clearly not cut out to be contractors.

Leave a comment:

• Pip in a Poke
    replied
    5%.

I used to fish things out of skips when I was a student.

I once brought home the discarded set of a production of Return to the Forbidden Planet from round the back of the Gulbenkian Theatre in Newcastle for a party I was throwing.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied

Sometimes, you just can't help yourself....

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    You are 13% tight
    "You need to tighten up - you're flushing money down the loo. Thrift is a virtue."

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Yes, stop flushing the chain each time you use it!
    What if it takes 2-3 flushes to shift?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Apparently I am flushing money down the loo and need to tighten up....
    Yes, stop flushing the chain each time you use it!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    My results,
    Ditto!

You are 31% tight

"You're a little loose with your cash - a bit of belt tightening wouldn't hurt."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X