• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "When do you think the contract market will pick up again? Jan? Feb? (2017)"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
    and what is the cause of this rate pressure? serious answers only pls
    Lots of people got binned when the W&G RBS spin off project was canned

Leave a comment:

• KentDogWalker
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    There is a lot of pressure on rates at the moment, and lots of contractors out there who will take any offer. The good roles will come up, but if the coffers start to get depleted it could be worth taking a lower rate to get back into the market, then continue looking for a better rate/role.

I've hired 7 contractors over the past month or so, and the purse string holders at clientco have been very tight on day rates I can play with. So much so that 2 contractors have already moved on to better roles. It risks my projects, I raise these risks, but clientco are prepared to run that risk. It's that kind of market i'm afraid.
    and what is the cause of this rate pressure? serious answers only pls

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ECommerceConsultant View Post
    it has picked up a lot, I've been inundated by calls actually!! All clients looking to hire in Jan.
    So, good news all around!
    Or it could be the market is quiet so the agents are ramping up their information gathering to fill their time. Lots of false leads, fake jobs, farming calls etc? Just cause an agent calls you it doesn't mean there is a gig.

Leave a comment:

• ECommerceConsultant
    replied
    it has picked up a lot, I've been inundated by calls actually!! All clients looking to hire in Jan.
    So, good news all around!

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Only three?
    well one was an interview offer for next week

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    3 calls today so January is up so far
    Only three?

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    3 calls today so January is up so far

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    Hmmm, 16 years and I'm missing March and December.

Leave a comment:

• SussexSeagull
    replied
    Oddly I have found January quite productive in the past.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    In the last 15 years, I am missing April, June & July.
    I'm missing February, April and June.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Oddly I posted a while back that I'd started a gig in all months bar November. Started current one on 07/11. So that's a full house.

Go me.

qh
    In the last 15 years, I am missing April, June & July.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I've landed contracts at all times of year. There's always some unlucky company with a requirement somewhere
    Oddly I posted a while back that I'd started a gig in all months bar November. Started current one on 07/11. So that's a full house.

Go me.

qh

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Oooooh no he won't.
    Oh yes he will

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post